ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio key recoding

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Hi i only got one key with my car when i bought it and Renault want over £100 for a new one! They also said that its impossible for me to buy a used key and programme it to my car. Anyone any ideas??

think you can order a key without the plip (remote un/locking part) for approx
£20ish +vat. no programming required. great idea for a spare key. doesnt come with a blade but local key cutter can supply about £7ish.
if you pm me your deatails i can get you a part number tommorow.

CB600FS
think you can order a key without the plip (remote un/locking part) for approx
£20ish +vat. no programming required. great idea for a spare key. doesnt come with a blade but local key cutter can supply about £7ish.
if you pm me your deatails i can get you a part number tommorow.

Yeah its a good idea to get into the car, but it won't be able to start it.

You can buy a key from your local locksmiths (as long as they have the tools) that will manually open the doors and start the car BUT it wont have a plip on it. Be about £17-20 quid

LY 182
You can buy a key from your local locksmiths (as long as they have the tools) that will manually open the doors and start the car BUT it wont have a plip on it. Be about £17-20 quid
it wont start the car - they have transponders in the plip for the immobiliser

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Where do you go about finding codes for immobiliser? my locksmith wants 80 quid for a complete key if i have codes. think there is a code of sorts in my service book... what does one look like?

LY 182
Where do you go about finding codes for immobiliser? my locksmith wants 80 quid for a complete key if i have codes. think there is a code of sorts in my service book... what does one look like?
you have to get it from renault.
think they charge you though.
think matt black has access to them, although im not sure what he charges

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Renault, like all over car manufacturer's live to make huge mark up on Parts....

Ever wondered how much it would cost to buy a 1*2 in a Kit car way....

IE: Buy all the bit and put it together??? Now that would be a very expensive way of buying a car!!

I had some cut at my local locksmiths with the transponder for £17.50 and it starts the car.

ducato locksmith van

I had some cut at my local locksmiths with the transponder for £17.50 and it starts the car.

Just had a look in my books at this year 04/05, phillips crypto chip, not possible to clone . I think above key would be for older model.
Need to plug into this year , also need codes supplied/ bought from main stealer.
If I were asked to do the job: supply working key (doors and ign, no buttons), I would be charging approx £70. Not dear concidering machinery costs me approx £5k.

Ah I see yeah that makes sense my old car was a 99T! Sorry if I got your hopes up pal (unless of course it is an old model?)

Da

Less
Hi i only got one key with my car when i bought it and Renault want over £100 for a new one! They also said that its impossible for me to buy a used key and programme it to my car. Anyone any ideas??

Why did you only receive one key with the car? If there's a working spare out there then lets hope it doesn't fall into the wrong hands! :eek:

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Yeah you could be right, but if so he must be very slow. No problem though moved house since then