ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio knocking

clio 182 ff
When driving over bumps or on lift off I hear a loud clunk engine mounts move alot so have ordered ktec engine mount kit with dog bone polyflex aswell have I done the right thing or could it be something else

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
When driving over bumps or on lift off I hear a loud clunk engine mounts move alot so have ordered ktec engine mount kit with dog bone polyflex aswell have I done the right thing or could it be something else

Sounds likely. Is there much play if you rock the engine with you hands?

I take it you understand that those mounts will increase vibration a fair amount of standard (if you are talking about the ktec uprated ones)

clio 182 ff
Yes i had a clio 172 cup with them and once they settle down they are fine.
If i rock engine i get a lot of movement from left hand side engine mount about half inch each way and can see bits of rubber under nut, it was a 1 owner car so have full renault history and havnt seen that they have ever been changed

182 BG
Mine was like that too.. Changed the top mount (drivers) and a massive difference! Kangoo van part fits perfectly and is half the price