ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio makes a strange noise when cold?

Hi, My clio makes a very strange "squeeking?" noise when I turn it on from cold, once it heats up the noise disappears! Also the noise gets "faster" when I put my foot on the accelerator? I have a very bad quality youtube clip of it (no I did not record this on a potato, bad mobile upload!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORSAqEAn90A If anyone cold help me out and let me know what it is id appreciate it! Thanks a bunch!

172cup
With out see the vid im sure it's your fan belt slipping mine does it when I go though a puddle if it's slack might just need doing up or might need a new belt

Clio 182, Astra Sri
i get a strange noise that sounds like it coming from in the dash somehwere, like a constant 'hum'

only happens in the morning, goes away after about 30 seconds everytime, doesnt change sound with revs though :/

sounds a bit like an old camera when the film ends and rewinds, best way to explain it lol

172cup
Yes it runs off the alternator, water pump pumps water round you engine to keep it cool if your cars starts running hot it could be that but I think that would make noise when engine get's up to temp

Yes it runs off the alternator, water pump pumps water round you engine to keep it cool if your cars starts running hot it could be that but I think that would make noise when engine get's up to temp

yeh I thought that! It sounds like it's coming from the alternator, ill get it into the garage at some point during the week to take a look!