ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Meg Conversion

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
I did mine for about £850. Paid out about £1280, sold the Clio leftovers to recoup, net cost £850. Build thread on the TurboRenault.co.uk

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Depends on what car you start with. Mate of mine will be doing a few of these conversions soon, he's got a Pearl Black 197, Albi 197, Albi 200 Cup and an Ultra Red 197.

If you buy a decent 197 for under £1500, sell the engine and box for about £900, by a cheap 225 for less than £1000 and you should have all the bits you need to do the conversion plus you'll have loads of breaker parts that will basically pay for all the parts to mod the 197. You just need to know what you're doing otherwise you get a right nail like some of them are where the wiring splicing looks like it's been done by a 3 year old

Just don't expect the engine to last ages, they blow up at standard power so ideally when it's out just stick some pistons and rods in it and you're laughing