ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mis-fire......i think?!!

Clio Trophy no.123
got ya, i just wondered if the cat was backing up the exhaust gasses setting the gas warning light flashing on the dash etc.
I'm not very engine minded but can that happen?

thinking maybe sensors now then, especially that Llambda thing, engines used to be so simple lol

Clio Trophy no.123
i'm not sure if the lights on now but the garage say the car sounds no better.
i love clio's but its making me think a little bit........ i still want that trophy tho lol!! just gotta get this bugga fixed first!!

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
They are great cars but they have there problems so do all cars lol
Tell us what garage say tomorrow??

Clio Trophy no.123
will do, hopefully they'll have the leads in the morning, if nots its tuesday but fingers crossed that works eh

Cheers, Si

Clio Trophy no.123
arggghh!!
New leads still not arrived at the garage, looks like tomorrow now!
its been code read this morning too and surprise suprise it just says Miss-fire!
getting worried now, if it dont get it fixed by tues afternoon then ive got to beg the dealer to keep holding my newbie for me!
Has anyone any ideas how long Dealers will hold cars on deposit for?

cheers
Si

clio 1.6 16v 2001 (Y reg)
rite, here we go.......

i took my motor into renault this morning with a list of problems written on a bog role. they told me half of them would'nt be covered by the warranty to which i replied "your f***ing jokin!?" :mad:

i managed to sweet talk them into doin a few extra jobs under warranty anyway by using the magic words of "if this doesnt get sorted, i'm goin to the papers cos i'm pi**ed off wit this sh*t!" and guess what?..... well put it this way, i aint been called 'sir' for a long time!! pmsl....
:lolup:

they are going to ring me 2moro (tuesday) to let me no what the story is so fingers crossed!!!!!!!

What did you tell them to look at???

i just handed them the list and they just cracked on. they rang me this mornin and said the warranty company wont cover anything else on the list apart from a wheel bearing and ONE coil!!!!!! so obviously i went buck-wild on the phone wit the garage and the finance company who have since told me that they wont do anything more than what they have suggested. so i'm pretty much back to square one. i dont even think they are gonna check my 'cat'.
they said my lifters are buggered but want me to pay £136 for a new timing belt so they can repair the lifters, which i think is a bit of a joke!!
so, out of a long list, i'm gettin 2 repairs done. so i aint got a clue what else to do now. my M.O.T is due in 3 weeks and i aint got the money to get the repairs done so i know it wont pass!

i'm open to ideas!!

Whats wrong with it????
if ya want to know the full list of problems i would be here all night typin it up. but put it this way, i got 3 pages (A4 size) of problems. some body probs, some electrical and some mechanical. some are stupid probs like; rear fog light flashing when i select the right indicator and it also comes on when i press the brake (its easily repaired, it just needs a new rear cluster cos water has got in and corroded the terminals), my front drivers seat not sliding forward when the seat is folded forward (my passenger seat is fine). like i say, some are just stupid things but some need doin i.e. front wheel bearing, timing belt, rear seat belts dont retract (at all), its missfiring etc etc.

i've had an update from the garage and they said they are gonna do my lifters and my timing belt!!! :cool:

apart from that its fine................... i wish!

Clio Trophy no.123
Some good news for once Lol

Thanks Ryan for the advice the other night

Bit of a nightmare this morning, the leads still hadnt arrived for my 172.

SO Over to Reno to confess my part ex 172 had a miss fire......

oh fine sir get it fixed and bring it in, dont worry the Trophy is still been held for you! thank F**K i thought lol:)

then at 5.30pm the garage ring up.

After new plugs, complete coil pack the missfire on my 172 was caused by knackered leads, so all sorted again now!!

i just dont want to drive it now just incase lol

almost Trophy time :D thanx for your help

Si

rite,
i got my motor back this mornin and it runs like a dream!!!!! the engine feels brand new! car feels really solid. they even CLEANED IT!!!!!!!!!
they did tell me that my near side drop link has snapped.....:(
but, its easily sorted.
plus, a friend of mine rang me today and offered me a set of low profile tyres for £80! i couldnt say no. i only got standard alloys on at the min but they dont look too bad wit some skinny rubber on. the car gets lowered this weekend plus i'm gonna fit my sound system this weekend too along wit my exhaust.
as you may be able to tell, my warranty is goin out of the window!! its not worth the paper its written on anyway! i'll try and get some pics of my sound system on ere when its done plus pics of my car..... if i dare show it wit standard whels on!!! they're next on my shoppin list....... i've heard vauxhall wheels fit? anyone no if its true? m mate has some crackin ones, dont think he wants much for them either.