ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk 1 Strut brace

ford fiesta 2004
Hello all im new on here, actually my first post. Its my lil bro who has the clio so thought i would sign myself up so i can get as much help as possible while modifying his car. I have a ford fiesta at the moment. highly modded but no chav crap.

Anyway to my question. Lil bro has just brought a sparco strutbrace more for show than anything but im a bit confussed how to fit it. the strut comes with bolts which i know i need to drill the 2 holes on either strut but how do the bolts work do i just need to screw them striaght in.

Has anyone got a guild or please help as its got me stumped.

also can you get rear strut braces for the clio mk 1 and also will the front strut brace make a difference as with my fiesta the strut brace goes onto the strut bolts and made a massive difference but with the clio i cant see it making a difference at all.

last thing i promise, the car is lowered on apex full suspension at 60mm. the back is the only thing that is messing with the handling its just a bit sloppy and likes to slip out, whats the best mod to sort this out.

cheers guys hope you can answer my questions.

RenaultSport 172.
Anyway to my question. Lil bro has just brought a sparco strutbrace more for show than anything but im a bit confussed how to fit it. the strut comes with bolts which i know i need to drill the 2 holes on either strut but how do the bolts work do i just need to screw them striaght in.

drill the holes. bang the bolts though :)

also can you get rear strut braces for the clio mk 1

Yepp. K-tec do one....and quite a few others.

ill the front strut brace make a difference as with my fiesta the strut brace goes onto the strut bolts and made a massive difference but with the clio i cant see it making a difference at all.

On my mk1, i only noticed a diffrence with the front one fitted...not the rear.

last thing i promise, the car is lowered on apex full suspension at 60mm. the back is the only thing that is messing with the handling its just a bit sloppy and likes to slip out, whats the best mod to sort this out.
New dampers

S2000
Strut brace I can't help on fitting tbh but be aware that there is a chance you will get a couple of slight dimples on the roof next to the sunroof if its fitted. I've been told it doesn't always happen but every clio I've been to see with one fitted has always had the dimples. Its nothing major but worth bearing in mind imo.

For the rear stepping out - how much is the rear lowered in comparison to the front? Have you checked the condition of the rear shocks?

ford fiesta 2004
Strut brace I can't help on fitting tbh but be aware that there is a chance you will get a couple of slight dimples on the roof next to the sunroof if its fitted. I've been told it doesn't always happen but every clio I've been to see with one fitted has always had the dimples. Its nothing major but worth bearing in mind imo.

For the rear stepping out - how much is the rear lowered in comparison to the front? Have you checked the condition of the rear shocks?

the front is 60mm i think. i actually dont know how low it is as it was fitted when we bought them im just guessing but the tyres are under the arches and does catch the top od the arch sometimes. ive not checked the condition of the rear dampers. im not sure really if there is a problem im just used to my fiesta which is lowered 50mm on fiesta st shocks and dampers with lowering springs and a front strutbrace and the car doesnt move on corners its just i find that the back is a bit twitchy.

With the strut brace fitting what you mean by bang the bolts in. so drill the wholes and twist the bolts in. is that enough to secure it.