ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk1 1.4RT stats

Hi people,

Looking at maybe buying a 1.4rt Mk1 for a cheap run around for me the missus.

Can you tell me what the stats are;

0-60?
BHP?

How do they compair to other 1.4's ie 106 xsi 1.4 etc?

I know they are never going to be anything to fast but what are they like

Kev

Civic Type-R
I used to have one as my first car. 0-60 was about 11secs and had 75bhp. Very scary on the standard 13" steelies I found. Had electric windows which was nice.

ditto, i had one for my first car!

0-60 in just under 11secs
75bhp
top speed: 109

it was quite a fun little car, also pretty nippy for a 1.4!!

Toureg vW Transporte
clio1.jpg

ha ha dont laugh this was a 1.4rt. my second car around 7 years ago and i used to think it was really cool. was a nice car though before i bossed it up,had central locking,electric windows and mirrors i think?not sure on the specs thou.was cheap to insure

It's quite nippy for a 1.4 8v. I had a few rolling runs against my mates MG ZR 1.4 105bhp, he was very upset that i kept with him and even had the edge in 1st and 2nd :) I'm putting a valver lump in mine this summer though, feels slow to me now!

Mine has decat and exhaust and rear stripped out by the way.

M

mini-valver

They dont come close to the xsi, thats 100bhp in 1.4 form. Nothing special, reliable and cheap to run!

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
had one as a first car, couldnt ask for a better first car. very nippy up to 50 then ok up to 70. handling was ok on standard but when i changed them for 15ins team dynamics was abit better. it just wasnt the best for reilibity :( but cant speak for all. i had the champs elise..thingy model which i the spec was very very good for a 95 model car :approve: