ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk1 16v won’t start help please

Bmw M4 & Clio 16v
Had my valver in the garage for about. Year and didn’t start it.

Battery is left on a conditioner and is in mint condition. On turning the car over after a tank of fresh fuel the engine is spinning over just perfect but there is no fuel on the rail at all.

I’ve checked the voltage to the fuel pump and dead! I’ve taken off all the relays and cleaned the terminals and then put back together

When you turn the ingnition on I’m getting a 25A brown relay clicking really quickly and also I can hear a clicking coming from the inlet manifold and also the small cylinder by the throttle it’s just ticking.

I have no idea what’s going on.

Does it have an immobiliser?

You could wire a direct power feed to the pump to check if it works or not - if it works fine, it would suggest something is stopping the power getting there (hence the question on the immobilser).

Bmw M4 & Clio 16v
Does it have an immobiliser?

You could wire a direct power feed to the pump to check if it works or not - if it works fine, it would suggest something is stopping the power getting there (hence the question on the immobilser).

I will check the immobiliser but it’s unlocked and it’s an aftermarket alarm system
. Just seems a very strange one