ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MK1 Sport Maxim

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
well under the bonnet there is a green thing on the right hand side that looks like it has loads of small pipes running to the engine and on the green box there are different colours representing each pipe.

A silver Honda
:S

Why would you want to upgrade it? It's not going to make any difference on a 1.4.

None
There are lots of things you can do to the engine such as cams, 1.6 8v bottom end, manifolds, 1.8 laguna spi throttlebody before just jumping into fuelling :)

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
I dont really have much knowlege on engines but can it be turbo'd? also whatsthe cheapest thing to do on your list?

A silver Honda
Don't bother spending loads on tuning a 1.4, it's not worth it.

Buy a F7P engine (clio 1.8 16v) and put it in your car or better still just buy a Valver.

For a 1.4 get a decat pipe, best mod for the money.

None
Anything can be done to it if you want to throw lots of money at it and most people on here will just tell you to get a bigger engine or a better car. Cheapest mode for performance is probably a de-cat pipe

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
what sort of price am i lookingat for a decat pipe? this is a pipe that replaces the catalyst converter?

None
No they sap power. Get a panel filter like a k&n one and make some custom fold air feed pipes to get more cold air into the engine :)

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
ok thanks so whats this about a laguna throttle body? hard & lots of money? how hard is it to change the cat?

None
It gives more power needs a few mods, dunno how hard it is. Not sure on the price wither but I'd imagine £150 may cover it. Cats easy enough to do. Just needs bolting/unbolting

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
is there anything fuel side of things? really trying anything to get 100bhp even thinking about buying electric supercharger to ram the air, i just upgraded ignition, splitfire all around.

None
Electronic superchargers, ebay chips dont work im afraid. If they did every car would have them. You could try fitting a valver fuel pump and eventually get a re-map. I got a valver fuel pump you can have quite cheap, just needs the filters changine. For 100 bhp you will need head and inlet work, cams, and the laguna throttlebody, 4-2-1 manifold, re-map, exhuast system. Costs a bit of money, well over a grand, prob nearer 2 or 3

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
awwww :( lol okaywell first decat then onto fuel pump then im thinkin about the cams can they be directly changed without modification?

None
Yea prob talking around £250. Cams are around £300 then you got the money for getting the cam fitted

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
alright mate thanks for all your advice! will post as i upgrade :)

one last thing, a panel filter looks diff to round one in airbox?