ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk2 1.2 TCE conversion - Help!

Mk3 clio 1.5
Hi there,
I have both a 172 and 1.2 8v clio, I've been thinking about making the 1.2 more of a fun ride, but still keeping decent mpg. Now the mk4 clio do the 1.2 tce engine, the engine seems to be much of a replica to what in mine. So im thinking adding the turbo to reach 100bhp, may consider getting 120bhp after a few other alteration. What would be required to match that of the TCE setup?

Regards, Lewis

Listerine & Poledo
Aside from them both being 4-stroke, 4-pot engines, the two engines could not be any less identical.

You'd need to swap out the entire engine. But given that the Mk.2 Twingo is pretty much a shortened Clio Mk.2, chances are it shouldn't be all that much agro...if you know how to work spanners....which I dont.

Thing is, why not just keep the 1.2 as the generic shopping trolley it is and concentrate on keeping fun into your 172. Imagine how much track day fun you could have for the money you'll pour into that 1.2 just to make it marginally less slow.

Mk3 clio 1.5
Yeah I Figuired someone was gonna say swap the entire engine, was thinking more to add on to mine to match the spec's. I have a spare 182 engine I could stick in mine if I really wanted, as mentioned, wanna make it more fun :p something different is my aim.

I know everyone is gonna suggest more power in a 172 and put your money into that, the 1.2 was given free from a family member so not draw backs on cash.

clio dci , ren8
Would be a great project & good to drive . I would use the twingo wiring & put the complete running gear in your clio . You could probably add a turbo to your engine but allot of work & your engine is 8 valves short then you need to sort all the fueling ect sorted .