ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk2 1.4 16v Starting Issues

Clio Mk2 1.4 16V
I have a mk2 clio (x reg) its done 95k miles and has just started having a problem starting.

She turns over fine, battery is pretty strong. Initially i thought either no spark or no fuel.. turned out to be no fuel.

Having checked the relays and fuses which all looked OK i then randomly unplugged and re-plugged the fuel pump wiring under the rear seat.

She then started fine and was OK until the following morning when it happened again. doing the same procedure again got her running but its happening every time I start her. I dread stalling in traffic and having to quickly jump in the back to fiddle with the wires! :)

I have sprayed the connector parts (male and female) with isopropyl alcohol and allowed it to dry before refitting. Which seemed to help a bit but not a lasting fix.

Anything else i can do?

Renault Clio 2003
If immobilizer light is not constant red when the key is turned to pos. one -> UCH fucked.
If immo light stays constant red when turning the key, then start by replacing the TDC sensor a.k.a. crankshaft position sensor.

renault clio 1.4 16v
if you switch your ignition on, then off, then on again you should hear the fuel pump prime for a second, could be uch problem, could be a sticky fuel pump relay, i doubt its the tdc sensor as then you would have fuel and no spark... could also be a faulty fuel pump or connectors, when it dosnt fire check the voltage at the pump... that will tell you if the problem is the pump or the other electronics...