ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MK3 projector lights in non factory projector?

E46 M3 + CLIO MK3
Bit of help please people, wondering if i can fit some projector headlights into my non projector Clio, its an 08 plate 1.2 tce model

E46 M3 + CLIO MK3
I changed the reflectors on my 197 cup to projectors with the below lights. Will be fine

Thanks Jcs, im looking to get some Renault branded ones from a 197, would they still fit or need to be aftermarket ones? Someone said the wiring is just different but i have no idea with renaults

The Renault ones I bought came in Renault boxes but are Valeo units

There are two versions of the lights. These are plug in and play or there's the HID xenon style ones from Renault but these require ballast packs and are possibly wired differently

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
The projector light units usually have the additional conering lights (did on my 200 and my 07 tce model), as the car didnt come specced from factory with them, the wiring loom is not there.

E46 M3 + CLIO MK3
The projector light units usually have the additional conering lights (did on my 200 and my 07 tce model), as the car didnt come specced from factory with them, the wiring loom is not there.

So i wont need ballasts etc? pretty sure they are attatched to the light anyway right?

A bit of wiring is fine and i dont mind missing out the cornering lights as they arent a legality

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Never bought 197 ones so dont know what variants they have with regards to the xenon ballasts etc.

Someone else may know, or you would have to ask the supplier but chances are they wont have any ballast in the headlights, so you would have to get them separtely and they probably wont be cheap.

Easiest would probably be get a set of projectors without the factory xenons and ballasts. Then get an aftermarket HID kit with bulbs and ballasts. - This is what I did with my 200, but they never had the option of xenons from factory.