ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk4 RS: Spark Plug gaps

Clio rs 200 edc
Hi all - My Clio has started stuttering on full boost and I'm hoping that new spark plugs will solve the problem. (only had it remapped about 3 weeks ago).

I've ordered NGK (91215) spark plugs which outline the gap as 0.9.

However, I have read that if you run more power you should be considering reducing the gap. For context, I'm on 300hp, so I was wondering if I should reduce the spark gap and if so, to what gap?

Or am I just overthinking this and should I just stick with 0.9?!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a big gap considering the increase in power/boost.

Worth gapping down, try in 0.1mm increments and see if that sorts it.

Wouldn't go too far though, 0.65-0.7mm max.

Clio rs 200 edc
Sorry, to clarify: I haven't changed the spark plugs yet, still on the old ones. Havent taken the old ones out yet or inspected them, but was going to replace them anyway.
Ngk ones are en route and was going to put them in with 0.9 gap but thought I'd check if any of you would reduce the gap before putting them in.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry, to clarify: I haven't changed the spark plugs yet, still on the old ones. Havent taken the old ones out yet or inspected them, but was going to replace them anyway.
Ngk ones are en route and was going to put them in with 0.9 gap but thought I'd check if any of you would reduce the gap before putting them in.

I would.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You might just find a new set of plugs with a genuine 0.9mm gap is fine.

If not work down in increments of 0.1mm till you are happy. If the gap gets pretty small, you might be looking at a weak spark being produced?