ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Model types? Help

Toyota Mr2 Turbo
Hi, looking for a car for my gf, does anyone have a list of the models and spec's. Was looking at 1.2 grande's for her, but with them feeling like I could run quicker than the car I told her to check the insurance for the bigger engines and all is good to go bigger.

My question is im pretty sure the car I drove was an 8v. Do they do the 1.2 in sport version with a 16v? and when did models change engine's ect.

All help would be great.

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
You looked at a grande, which is MK2 Ph1. With the Mk2 Ph1, there was a sport 1.2 16v out at the end of 00 and beginning of 01, but they are quite rare. If you see this shape of clio in a 1.2 sport, it is 16v. Then, the Mk2 Ph2 came out in 2001, with triangular headlights. All the 1.2 engines in these cars are 16v

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
I got a Y reg 1.2 16v sport for just over £2500. just make sure you get it checked over first as the early 16v engines are a pig.(not that later ones are any better!)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
You looked at a grande, which is MK2 Ph1. With the Mk2 Ph1, there was a sport 1.2 16v out at the end of 00 and beginning of 01, but they are quite rare. If you see this shape of clio in a 1.2 sport, it is 16v. Then, the Mk2 Ph2 came out in 2001, with triangular headlights. All the 1.2 engines in these cars are 16v

Not entirely true. There are still ph2 1.2 8v models, usually the most basic ones though.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
get a ph2 dynamique. or an extreme, the lower models are abiiiig step down spec wise.

my mate got a ph2 dynamique for 2300 on a y plate 2001

if ur looking for a cheaper higher engine tho id look at a ph1 1.4 rt or if she can stretch the insurance enough to a ph1 172 which if yoyu look in the sales thread there are a few for wel under 3 grand.