ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio modifying in LEICESTER!!

RenaultSport clio 1.2 16v
hi i have a 55 reg 1.2 16v and was wondering where is the best place in leicester to shop around for parts for my car. im thinking along the line of colour coding and tinting and where i can get that done???also lowering my car 60mm where that can be done and where to get the springs and also alloy wheel shops.only know of wheelmania and halfords!!!any others??cheers S13 VO D

1.6 focus zetec....
Not from around leicester myself but as for wheels your probably best off looking on the net... wheel mania are alright but nothing special and the same as halfords!!

Kiza

Ph1 172
hi mate

I live in Melton Mowbray so know the are farely well wheel mania is about the cheapest place around you also have ultimate velocity in thurmaston but don't rate it much to be honest. Theres a couple of good bodyshops in Melton you have davlyns and MARC's which have both produced some good feature cars in magazines. If its general colour coding any farely decent bodyshop shoud be able to do a decent job though

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I'm not going to say as I'm sure all problems will be rectified.

Basically, I had the cash saved for the airbags and the 19s, then this happens.

I needed a car so I've had to buy and insure a Rover 100 for gettign to wor ketc, so the savings are gone lol!

Gotta start saving again, but with xmas on the way, think its going to better to start after xmas.

1.6 focus zetec....
Bllody hell thats gotta be some damage if it cost the equivalent of air bags and a set of 19s...

Ive started saving now for a few things for my car and at the moment all seems well....although i am doing almost 50hours a week at work at the moment!!

Kiza

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Bllody hell thats gotta be some damage if it cost the equivalent of air bags and a set of 19s...

Ive started saving now for a few things for my car and at the moment all seems well....although i am doing almost 50hours a week at work at the moment!!

Kiza

bear in mind I've had a "full" respray, and the Rover 100 + insurance came out of that "account" too.

TBH, since the damage/paint job/engine I've lost all my passion in it, I cant be arsed, considered selling it and saving up for a real car.

I've been promoted to "customer trading support manager" at work, at 19 years old thats pretty good apparently, And I've been told If I carry on how I am doing, Skys the limit, and to quote the top manager at my place "in a few years, if you carry on like this, you wont be driving fibreglass clios, but drop top Merc AMG's, like me"

Read "few years" as 10 years lol!

Anyway, Now ive got the Rover 100, which i bought and insured and motted for 12 months for under £1k! I've never had so much money, this is the first time in a LONG time ive gone from payday to payday withour been overdrawn! The Rover 100 gets no attention, Can park it anywhere without worrying, and its more practical (has a boot and can get over speed bumps)

I used to spend ALL my expendable income on bits for the clio, but now I'm just not spending and I literally have piles off Cash left over and I get paid £1500 friday! I used to be skint 2 weeks after payday (get paid monthly, bearing in mind, ALL the clio was done before my promotion and I was picking up under £700 a month!!! ) and Have to use my overdraft or borrow money off mates or parents, now I'm not buying stuff for the clio, I'm lending others money lol!

Its seriously changed my aspect the little Rover 100, I'm considering cutting my losses, and saving up for a Civic Type R or a Leon Cupra R when im 21-22.

1.6 focus zetec....
You've been bought back to reality now with all the money spending on the clio and that...As i said to you before (im only 20), i was into all the big bodykits....travelling to shows/meets/cruises etc etc....throwing all my money at the car when i was next to nothing money! now im saving up for a deposit for house, got a kid and am working on my cousins 2.0ltr tuned valver ive swayed away from modding etc and moved onto faster cars and the like!!

Funnily enough ive just moved up to training manager at my place but my manager didnt say anything like that to me lol!!

Kiza

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
lol fair play to you mate.

TBH I didn't think he thought so highly of me, I only started when i was 15 years old stacking bread to pay for my R/C cars :D

1.6 focus zetec....
Lol cheers...

I started at 16 from college thinking what the hell am i doing here and as time moved on i learned more, trained more and now im aiming for the top... R/C cars lol...thats a good one!!

Kiza