ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio overheating

Oyster Card

Ive got a Clio RT 1.4. Its my first car and I dont know a great deal about them engine wise so be gentle!

The temperature gauge seems to creep up to the 3/4 mark when the fan kicks in.
For example I started the car today, its pissing it down with rain outside and let it idle for about 20 mins by that time the gauge was at the 3/4 mark and the fan had come on.

Anyone got any ideas as to what it could be, the coolant is not leaking.

500bhp Scoob

thats normal

the fan should come on at around 3/4 mark.

the water temperature does go up quite fast thou, aslong as the fan is coming on at around the 3/4 mark its perfectly fine :)

Oyster Card

Cheers guys just seemed a bit weired thats all because my dads car and my Mums temp gauge stays near the bottom when idling.

Also I forgot to mention when driving the temp is around the 3/4 mark to, Not been in any big traffic jams to really test it out tho.

500bhp Scoob

its totally normal for the 1.4 engine to get upto that temperature, the fan is cutting in, so theres nothing to worry about.

great thing about that engine is it gets hot quick, so the heater blower gets hot quick aswell (great for winter)

If its sat running then there is no air blowing through the radiator so it gets hot and the fan kicks in. When your driving there is constantly air forced through the radiator so the fan isnt needed.

Oyster Card

KK cheers guys put my mind at rest.
Bit silly for Renault to have the fan come on at 3/4 though isnt it, Id have thought 1/2 way would have been better?