ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Problems (No Power, Warning lights)

Bus Winker
Well its been nearly a year since I had these problems and had my ECU/Gearbox replaced. But now it seems the same thing is happening.

The orange engine light in the bottom right of the dash has been on all day and the light in the middle with the coil below it is also coming on. This is light comes on when my car seems to lose power and is in some kind of slow mode where I cannot get above 30.

Going in to the place I got it 'fixed' last time to see what they have to say.

Anyone got any ideas as to the exact reason this keeps happening?

Thanks,
STRBramley.

Bus Winker
It happened today and it happened before I had it fixed last time and the time before that. Each costing over £800 a pop.

OEM Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
It happened today and it happened before I had it fixed last time and the time before that. Each costing over £800 a pop.

Sounds like someone's taking to your anus with the talc mate, ask them to lube up next time.

Do they tell you what they've done each time?

Bus Winker
QS5 just means its a semi automatic.

The first time they replaced the gearbox and the second time they replaced the ECU (first they put an ECU in the the car that was meant for a manual so that made the car worse.)

Both different garages.

OEM Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I can't see how the gear box could sort that, you tried an Auto-Electrician? Try and find a garage you're happy with and stick with it, then they know what they've done next time it comes in so don't spend time re-doing work at £30+ an hour

Bus Winker
Thanks well I'm going back to the garage that fixed it last time because I think the part used is still within warrenty.
Its just annoying that the car seems to have problem after problem. And this is just 3 weeks before I drive it to Germany.

Also, my hazard light button sticks in and out so it is either always on or always off depending on where it wants to get stuck.

OEM Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks well I'm going back to the garage that fixed it last time because I think the part used is still within warrenty.
Its just annoying that the car seems to have problem after problem. And this is just 3 weeks before I drive it to Germany.

Also, my hazard light button sticks in and out so it is either always on or always off depending on where it wants to get stuck.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Renault ownership

Bus Winker
Just got a call from the garage saying the throttle body needs cleaning and it will cost £280.

This a serious thing?

Would this make my car go in to limp mode?

Megane dci 130
Sounds like the common fault of the throttle body connections. Very common in the D4F.
Its inlet manifold off to get to it, but that price is a little high I would say.

Bus Winker
Sounds like the common fault of the throttle body connections. Very common in the D4F.
Its inlet manifold off to get to it, but that price is a little high I would say.

Looking on ebay I have found a brand new throttle body for 95 quid.
So 280 for cleaning seems crazy.

Anyone know where I could find instructions to clean it myself?

Bus Winker
Picked my car up and paid the ridiculous price of £70 for them to tell me what was wrong with it.
Picked up some carb cleaner from Halfords and had a quick go at it today but will have a better look at it tomorrow.

Also need to get 4 new tyres, front brake disk and bearings.
Anyone know a rough estimate on these things? Bearings inparticular.

Thanks.