ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Progress

PH1 172
Well major change to the clio today, and is only the first in a long list to be carried out over the next week or so...

started off with this mess -

BackJacked.gif

Within 30 minutes we had both shocks and springs swapped over in the back, new ones in, which looked like this -

DriversRear.gif

the old shocks were looking a bit worse for wear!

then went ahead and started on the front. went in easily enough -

PassengerFront.gif

and once they were in we adjusted the height and dampening -

Lowww.gif

And some finished pics...for the meantime...more to come very soon!

literally just off the jack -

JustIn.gif

Meanasfook.gif

SideFront.gif

and a crappy dark one from tonight -

Low.gif

think i need to take front arch liners off, and mayb harden the fronts a bit...but overall really happy with them :)

Ross

PH1 172
well picked rims up off wee balls tonight and promptly fitted dem!! comments welcome!
Wheels.gif

WheelsPark001.gif

WheelsPark002.gif

WheelsPark003.gif

WheelsPark004.gif

apologies for quality of pics

Monaco 172
aye gimme a shout....i didny know that was open...what a fookin eye sore though! they made it uglier

M

mini-valver

You have the same wheels as your mate in the Yaris, that's not cool!
Sits low at the front though!

Storm Grey 200
that looks great mate maby needs 2 winding down more at the back, needs colour coding next me thinks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think the fronts too low, looks like the suspension has collapsed...

Maybe put it up 10/15 mm??

PH1 172
normal road use is perfect, and speed bumps are also fine at15/20mph

i wanted it to be low - but would never sacrifice ride comfort or practacality for lowness ;)

thats why its sitting a bit higher at the back too! however may invest in a set of fk rear adjustable springs to bring it down a bit...nyone kno where i could get these?

Ross

looks great!!

have you declared it all on your insurance?

only thing, i think standard wheels look better

PH1 172
is it too low at the front?? arch liners cam out and can get full lock etc fine...and dont scrub...but is it too low?? or is it just cause the back is sitting higher cause it hasnt bedded in (rear shocks are brand new - but rear springs were used before, fronts were used before)

so will teh back come down more when the shocks bed in?

BMW E92/Audi S3
is it too low at the front?? arch liners cam out and can get full lock etc fine...and dont scrub...but is it too low?? or is it just cause the back is sitting higher cause it hasnt bedded in (rear shocks are brand new - but rear springs were used before, fronts were used before)

so will teh back come down more when the shocks bed in?

It will. I'm thinking of doing mine 90 - 70 but i was wandering if my std lil Dynamique alloys would rub in the arches? imo, unlikely but just asking. That is lookin well mint! CS Grille?

1.8 8v RSi
that looks just perfect!!!!1 lowerd nicely and suits it....so long as your not having any scrubbin issues leave it as it is:)

Clio 1.4 16v
gaz shocks also do rear adjustable spring platforms for £80... including springs... just thought i would let you know

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
back needs to go a bit lower, my rear was about twice as low as that lol couldnt see the top of my tyre on my 15s!! and that was on 195/45/15 tyres!!

i had FK 5mm wheel spacers on mine with the standard wheels and it looked much better, wheels sat perfect in the arches

Civic Vtec y0
looks sweet mate, think the aftermarkets look good but prefere the standard wheels as well, just imo tho