ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Rally Cars

Dont know if many of you are into rallying, any of you got your clios looking like rally sl*gs, what do you lot think about them? anybody got any pics of clios modded in this way!

Clio 197

Good thing about rally cars is that they look better dirty than clean.

Rally cars are also street legal and ride at a sensible height unlike the track cars which run around at minimum ride height on rock hard suspensions. Street cars that are slammed to achieve the road racing look very rarely handle worth beans whilst the rally cars handle quite well on the street.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

how can such a cack car like a metro .. be changed into somthing as kewl as a 6r4..

Clio 197

Williams were involved in the engineering of the 6R4 rally car. Big lump in the back seat and crazy aerodynamics and it arrived too late with too little power.

They dominate in private rallys now though.

You can get yourself a brand new custom build one for about 60k. Goodmans 2.5 V6, 12500rpm, 400 HP. Although some that are being used (like Peter Lloyds, John Indris etc) will cost well over 100k.

They will even beat a modern WRC car, as the restrictions on modern works rally cars are much more stringent.

had this arguement a while ago, on power, they will beat a wrc car, but throw in corners on tarmac or gravel/snow etc.....and well......no change. Technology with active diffs, huge advancements in suspension and chasis design and even tyre desing means a modern WRC will jsut go round the non straight bits faster.

Clio 197

Ben is right, the WRC cars today are covering stage miles as fast or faster than the fearsome Group B cars that they superceded. All this with half the horsepower due to the restrictors.

Clio 197

The clios looked great. It was a shame that they dropped them in favour fo the Megane Coupe. I think it was a marketing decision mor than anything else.

The 2 litre group A cars were as fast as the pukka 4wd machinery on many tarmac stages. That is why we have the S1600 class now. They dont want the WRC cars to be beaten by "lesser" machinery.

yup, but the megane was a good chassis.

They still use the rear suspension assembly on the clio S1600

Clio 197

I dont know about anyone else here but I find the rally coachwork to be a hell of a lot better looking than any of the aftermarket body kits.

Subaru Forrester

Although the 6R4 of old was normally aspirated... when Group B was canned some of the 6R4s went in to rallycross and had twin turbos strapped to them.

Now that is a crazy car.

Well this year, I am doing the 205 Challenge and hope that if this year goes well then I will turn my "commuting" Cup into a Grp N Rally Clio for next season and the PBRC.

I will try to post a picture if anyone knows how to do it of my 205 in action, considering this post is about rally decals and looks etc and see if anyone knows where I got my inspiration for the colour/logo scheme.

So how can I post a picture on here???

172CUP

Clio 197

172Cup,

Good luck on the stages.

Look in the FAQ for the posting info. Piece of cake actually and even better now that it resizes the photographs for you.

Ed

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

My mate drives in the 205 Challenge.

His names Kit Leigh, his dad Tim is his co driver.

Tidy Pug mate.

Nooooooooo,

these are the same logos, colours and sponsorship as the 1985/86 Group B 205 T16 factory cars,,,, the ultimate in balls-out rally cars!!!!!!!!

Martini, you heathen!!!!!! (only joking!!!)

172CUP