ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Rescue Centre

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
As most of you know the Dog Kennel died at Donington on its first outing after being rebuilt, to say I was gutted would be an understatement, but I was even more gutted that everyone's parts donations and kindness to get it rebuilt as a nice surprise for me had seemingly been for nothing, at least in my guilty depressed mind anyway.

After two weeks of healing my chest still hurt a fair bit from seatbelt injuries so I went to the hospital for a checkup (all good), while I was waiting to be seen @Filters messages me saying @YorkshireKyle had a 182 that he's had sat around for a year he bought off a mate to help him out, all he wants is what he's got into it, a grand!

So on Friday, the worst day to travel anywhere on the motorway top bloke Kyle loads it up and brings it down the M6 to Coventry for no extra charge.

1000009660.jpg


He even parked it for me

1000009733.jpg


Its been off the road for six years and used as a track car so it's actually quite low milage

1000009351.jpg


It's rough but it starts, runs and drives with a battery

1000009840.jpg


New pms kit

1000009839.jpg


It's missing an alternator but it did come with one

1000009829.jpg


Heat wrapped manifold

1000009822.jpg


The front bumper is a bit hacked up with release pins and those loop things, I haven't tried removing it yet as I don't know if I'll get it back on, but at least it has a bumper

1000009838.jpg


The Bennet also has release pins but it came with another bonnet and wings in good condition

1000009836.jpg

1000009837.jpg


10 image limit tbc....
 
As most of you know the Dog Kennel died at Donington on its first outing after being rebuilt, to say I was gutted would be an understatement, but I was even more gutted that everyone's parts donations and kindness to get it rebuilt as a nice surprise for me had seemingly been for nothing, at least in my guilty depressed mind anyway.

After two weeks of healing my chest still hurt a fair bit from seatbelt injuries so I went to the hospital for a checkup (all good), while I was waiting to be seen @Filters messages me saying @YorkshireKyle had a 182 that he's had sat around for a year he bought off a mate to help him out, all he wants is what he's got into it, a grand!

So on Friday, the worst day to travel anywhere on the motorway top bloke Kyle loads it up and brings it down the M6 to Coventry for no extra charge.

View attachment 1791712

He even parked it for me

View attachment 1791713

Its been off the road for six years and used as a track car so it's actually quite low milage

View attachment 1791716

It's rough but it starts, runs and drives with a battery

View attachment 1791717

New pms kit

View attachment 1791718

It's missing an alternator but it did come with one

View attachment 1791723

Heat wrapped manifold

View attachment 1791721

The front bumper is a bit hacked up with release pins and those loop things, I haven't tried removing it yet as I don't know if I'll get it back on, but at least it has a bumper

View attachment 1791726

The Bennet also has release pins but it came with another bonnet and wings in good condition

View attachment 1791728
View attachment 1791727

10 image limit tbc....
f**king lovely wings and bonnet them
 
Yes Dave!! That’s the fighting spirit.
Is CSF too soon for it to make an appearance?
 
It came with most of it's removed parts
(potato phone f*cked it)

1000009835.jpg


It's got some service history and invoices but I've not gone through it yet, loads of bits and bobs

1000009825.jpg
1000009823.jpg


RS2 Micro seats with Sparco side mounts and TRS 6 point harnesses, pretty much brand new

1000009834.jpg


The previous owner is an engineer and made this custom gear stick on a lathe, it's got the Yanoo 2 stiff shift kit

1000009833.jpg


OMP wheel

1000009832.jpg


The steering column is a bit messed up but it looks like it just needs the squib refitting and horn wiring up, button on the right was meant to be the horn

1000009831.jpg
1000009830.jpg
1000009827.jpg
1000009828.jpg
 
It'll be a good base to salvage all the dog kennels parts and with a bit of luck I can sell alot of it's aftermarket parts to get my grand back out of it

1000009820.jpg


I have a brand new Corbeau which was meant for the kennel, it showed up the day after the crash ironically so it's still in its box, that'll be going in as I don't want to use the RS2s on the road

After I'd swept all the crap out

1000009826.jpg


Single wiper conversion will be going back to standard as will the rear wiper delete

1000009821.jpg


K-Tec exhaust with decat

1000009819.jpg


First little job, save the wheel with the cruise control buttons

1000009818.jpg

1000009817.jpg


Does the column have a cruise control stalk?
It didn't come with one.
 
Last edited:
Ha, 5 miles from me, 1.6 from my partners house.

I've got a fairly comprehensive setup if you ever need any kit, inc F4R locking tools, engine crane, blah blah blah.
Legend, I'm always in need of help because I'm f*cking useless.

Would you believe I work at a garage, but seeing as my mate just rebuilt my car and the first thing I did with it was a triple kickflip on track, he's not in too much of a rush to start all over again with another one.

Typical that it's hotter than hell right now, so I'm not working on cars until I can be sure I won't die of heatstroke sitting in a black car trying to put it back together.
 
Might as well update this thread, not that there's been any progress.

I finally stripped and scrapped the only possession I've ever gave a f*ck about the other week, interior stripped, engine, box and front end all dropped on the subframe and now sat on a pallet at work.

1000011035.webp


Probably time I made an effort on the 182 and attempt to fit the alternator and belt, went about as well as you'd expect given my luck with cars over recent years.

Despite having the identical PMS setup to the Dog Kennel, the belt is somehow too short, that's maximum stretch, there's no more to give and the alternator won't move up anymore than that.

1000011177.webp


Honestly I think I might just quit cars as a hobby, losing the dog kennel has killed my love of cars and I just can't be bothered anymore.

This isn't my car, it's someone else's car I now own, it also needs everything and despite having all the parts I don't think I've got enough f*cks to give to even get started.
 
If I sell the lot it's unlikely I'll buy anything else, I'm planning on moving to Cornwall by 2030, any money made will just go towards that, I'm done with my life, I'd quite like to start fresh somewhere else.

To top it off I bought a Megane DCI 175 off a mate to cheer myself up after the crash and the turbo blew up after two weeks, not their fault they went above and beyond to prep the car for me, just bad luck....again.

So that's been sat at work for months with a new turbo waiting to go on, but we're so busy with customer cars we just don't have the time for personal sh*t.

Literally everything I touch turns to sh*t, it's a miracle I haven't written off any customer cars given how jinxed I am.
 
f**king hell it must be bad if you’re planning on moving down here.

It’s a proper rut you’re in, and I don’t blame you, but it’s only temporary. Don’t give up the love just yet. @npt makes a good point, maybe get something reliable, like not a renault. Hard to find a good old school MX5 these days but NCs are still great fun, work, and cheap.
 
G
If I sell the lot it's unlikely I'll buy anything else, I'm planning on moving to Cornwall by 2030, any money made will just go towards that, I'm done with my life, I'd quite like to start fresh somewhere else.

To top it off I bought a Megane DCI 175 off a mate to cheer myself up after the crash and the turbo blew up after two weeks, not their fault they went above and beyond to prep the car for me, just bad luck....again.

So that's been sat at work for months with a new turbo waiting to go on, but we're so busy with customer cars we just don't have the time for personal sh*t.

Literally everything I touch turns to sh*t, it's a miracle I haven't written off any customer cars given how jinxed I am.
Get your finger out 😂 changing a turbo over doesn't take that long, can do that in a morning mate.

Purchase something low mileage and reliable, easier to pay a small loan every month than unexpected failures that cost a fortune if you can't do it yourself/have the time. Saying that a good clio Sport is reliable and cheap for parts if left standard and not abused 👍
 
The Megane also blew it's mega fuse on the same day when we tried to bring it in the workshop, we think it may have leaked oil into one of the cylinders and hydrolocked causing it to blow a fuse rather than killing the engine, the crank wasn't locked when we rocked it back and forth, but it could also be scrap, we won't know until we get it going again, so it's electrically dead as well as a blown turbo.

I'm probably going to sell that on too if it isn't f*cked, currently driving around in one of the garages Fiesta courtesy cars.

Easily wasted the best part of £6k on cars in the past year and have f*ck all to show for it other than two broken cars and a collection of parts off another that's now been crushed.
 
The Megane also blew it's mega fuse on the same day when we tried to bring it in the workshop, we think it may have leaked oil into one of the cylinders and hydrolocked causing it to blow a fuse rather than killing the engine, the crank wasn't locked when we rocked it back and forth, but it could also be scrap, we won't know until we get it going again, so it's electrically dead as well as a blown turbo.

I'm probably going to sell that on too if it isn't f*cked, currently driving around in one of the garages Fiesta courtesy cars.

Easily wasted the best part of £6k on cars in the past year and have f*ck all to show for it other than two broken cars and a collection of parts off another that's now been crushed.

I wasted a load of money last year buying a E91 330i that then shat itself, buying a 996 unseen on ebay that turns out I just didn't like. Plus £200 a month financing an EV that was cheap to run and reliable but I didn't actually want. Cars are a terrible hobby, especially when they're costing you money and you're not using them.

If you can find the money maybe getting something like a MK7 Golf GTI is a good idea? Reliable enough, still have some fun and when you feel the love again you can modify and mess around with.
 
I not wasting anymore money on cars, if the Megane isn't f*cked I'll run it through winter then sell it in the spring, hopefully not lose any money on it.

Then probably go back to shitheap bangers I don't give a f*ck about, at least when they break I can just scrap them and buy another one.
 
I mean you keep buying old Renault's so I secretly think you like the punishment..

That said buy something with the 1.5dci if you want a reliable Renault, boring as toast but they are pretty much impossible to kill.
 
If I can find a decent estate for my Mum I can have my old Golf PD130 back, that thing's on 210k miles and keeps working even when it's broken, even after the turbo exploded and the engine ran on using all the oil, it still fired up like nothing had happened with a new turbo.
 
Back
Top