ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio rivals

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

length and width and body style.

just like the diffrences between all the other segments.

Ill grant you they differ greatly in size and shape nowadays. But citycar is marketing tool used to sell superminis to people who think "supermini" sounds too feminine.

Jeremy Clarksons got my back on this one! :D

172, Tiguan

Sectors

city cars
superminis
family cars
executive cars
SUV
etc etc......
Body Styles

Hatchback
saloon
convertable
coupe
estate
etc etc

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Otherwise 1 car maker makes 2+ cars in one segment.

Which isnt the case.

Clio 182 cup'd

Jon_r knows the score! The Focus is well bigger than the Clio, the Focus is a family car that comes in Hatchback, Saloon and Estate.

Also I think "City car" sounds more feminine than "Supermini" City car is for a bunch of puffs who cant park!

A Supermini is for somoene who wants a small car with plenty of stuff etc.

Kenbot - I dont think Im the confussed one here!

E90

Quote: Originally posted by Kenbot on 05 February 2004

Sorry Dutch, you rattled my cage for a second.:oops:

I know how laughable the Punto sporting is, Ive beaten them in my 1.4RT! At least when it had its M.I.A K&N induction kit fitted!
No probs dude, My best mates got a Punto sporting, he turned down a 2yr old Punto GT, to get the new shape sporting, Silly fool, got it home from the garage and said "I wish Id bought that GT" Laughed, I p1ssed myself. :)

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

For me a city car is a smart or a twingo or lupo etc

A super mini would be a clio with its rivals the 206, saxo/c2, micra,fiesta, ibiza etc

after that yor talkin focus, megane,leon, golf, civic, yep i class the civic as a bigger car

gets my back up tho when the 172/182 are compared to the civics and focus etc not the corsa and the fiesa which they share a market segmant with!

Clios are not classed as a super mini they are classed as a hot hatch, says so right here im my top gear magazine..........

clios are a supermini, they just have a hot version

rivals are, citroen saxo/c2, peugeot 106/7, nissan micra, rover200 (possibly), ford fiesta, vauxhall corsa, fiat punto, volkswagen polo and so forth

the focus, civic, 206 (and 307), astra, stilo, golf etc are in the same sector as the megane, which is the family hatch sector

am i right tom???