ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS 200 Purchase

Hi Guys & Girls,

I am new to this forum so firstly apologies for any hiccups.
I am thinking about purchasing a Clio III RS 200.
I know these particular cars have their faults namely gearbox syncro issues, exhaust flexibles, engine mount issues, ball joints & swivel hub issues etc as well as needing the timing belt, dephaser & water pump replaced at regular pre-determined mileage/timescales.
I appreciate nothing really major but obviously can be costly if you get a Clio III RS 200 needing all of this work done.
The question I have is it better to purchase a Clio III RS 200 with all of this work done (if you believe the seller) for a higher price or is it better to purchase a Clio III RS 200 at a much lower price knowing the work needs to be done?

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
If you can get one at the right price and are happy to have the work done I would go that route as you will know it is actually done. Who's to say you buy one and it starts playing up then you will be shelling out again.

If you can get one at the right price and are happy to have the work done I would go that route as you will know it is actually done. Who's to say you buy one and it starts playing up then you will be shelling out again.
Yep I think you are right.
As you say get one at the right price & then if needed have the work.
At least then I know the work has been actually done.
Thanks.