ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio rs edc - LSD options?

2017 Clio RS 220 Tro
Hi all,
I recently bought an RS 220 and although it has good traction, after some rather 'spirited' driving I've come to the realisation it really needs a proper torque biasing LSD in it: however I've been trawling the web and cannot find any aftermarket suppliers of diffs for the EDC gearbox. Does anyone happen to know the manufacturer/product code of the gearbox? I'm hoping that perhaps there are other vehicles with the same gearbox that already have an LSD option listed.
Thanks in advance!

Ed

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Hi all,
I recently bought an RS 220 and although it has good traction, after some rather 'spirited' driving I've come to the realisation it really needs a proper torque biasing LSD in it: however I've been trawling the web and cannot find any aftermarket suppliers of diffs for the EDC gearbox. Does anyone happen to know the manufacturer/product code of the gearbox? I'm hoping that perhaps there are other vehicles with the same gearbox that already have an LSD option listed.
Thanks in advance!

Ed

Have you tried Quaife ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Clio RS 220 Tro
They don't have a product listed unfortunately. I wonder if a diff from the new megane would fit?

2017 Clio RS 220 Tro
Didnt think you could diff the auto box.
Every car has a diff, just a matter of whether a manufacturer has made an lsd with the right specs to suit this application. I might call into my local Renault dealer and see if they can give me some details to help in the hunt. The ideal scenario would be if the megane diff fits then I can pick one up off a wrecked car to save a bit of money and have that fitted.
Cheers

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
They don't have a product listed unfortunately. I wonder if a diff from the new megane would fit?

Perhaps email them, they are going to be a lot more helpful than a dealership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Drexler do one, they posted about it on their facebook about 6 months ago

have a play with setup though, I thought mine badly needed one from day one with the factory SuperSports, I changed them at 10k miles for a set of Pilot sport 4 and it TRANSFORMED IT! had I heard it I would have assumed the supersports were just past their best but I had it from 1000 miles and 3 months old!

2017 Clio RS 220 Tro
Awesome thanks guys, I'll follow up with Drexler as the Waldow one is just a marked-up Drexler unit... no way am I gonna pay that much without fitment included!
Cheers,

Ed

Clio 4 RS Trophy
Drexler do one, they posted about it on their facebook about 6 months ago

have a play with setup though, I thought mine badly needed one from day one with the factory SuperSports, I changed them at 10k miles for a set of Pilot sport 4 and it TRANSFORMED IT! had I heard it I would have assumed the supersports were just past their best but I had it from 1000 miles and 3 months old!
That's good to hear. What differences did you notice when changing from the PSS to the PS4? From what I read, they are a little less grippier than the PSS on dry, but better on wet...
I was about to acquire another set of PSS's but now you got me curious about the PS4's.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
That's good to hear. What differences did you notice when changing from the PSS to the PS4? From what I read, they are a little less grippier than the PSS on dry, but better on wet...
I was about to acquire another set of PSS's but now you got me curious about the PS4's.
I found them night and day both dry and wet, more grip, keener to turn in, rear end was more playful due to the stronger front end bite on turn in, less road noise, was tempted to remove the rear SS and replace them with PS4 too

Clio 4 RS Trophy
Unearthing this thread to say that I recently emailed the the guys at Quaife, and they told me that they currently have no diff that fits the edc box, but they were available to make a custom one, if I wanted to.

Might be something that someone here is willing to do.

And for the record, did the same with the guys at wavetrac and no answer whatsoever.

Cheers

Renault Clio Throphy
Hi, I found this thread while search for proper LSD for my CLIO 4 Trophy.
Someone maybe know the price of the Drexler diff for the Clio 4 ? and how is that diff compare for other popular company such as Quaife mentioned above.

Clio iv rs200 Cup
Quaife is a Torsen, which means it will shift torque to the wheel with the most grip. It won't work with one wheel in the air; while they will make the best use of available grip, they aren't predictable like the others are, particularly following a loss of traction.

You can read more info from this link:

Since Drexler is the only option ( the best option, too), you can contact
Nick at CM Engineering, the UK Drexler distributor.

I've had it for about 3 years now, only 2 oil changes; not that I need it often, but I prefer overkill on maintenance in general. It is mainly a track car; with the correct driving technique and suspension setup, it makes your car feel like an AWD car. But please remember FWD needs the best tyre you can get; no LSD will cover up the loss of traction from budget tyres.