ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clio rs owners age.

Clio RS Owners age?

• Just passed my test!

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • 18-25 years old

Votes: 357 52.7%
  • 25-35 years old

Votes: 213 31.4%
  • 35-I'd rather not say

Votes: 89 13.1%
  • Got my pension coming through this week...

Votes: 14 2.1%

• Total voters
  Clio Cup 2011
Im 37 and purchased my Cup in March. Best car i've ever owned. reminds me of my old Nova GTE. I get the boy racer jibes and mid-life crisis banter but who cares. :approve::approve::approve:

A red missile
Turned 45 about a month ago, had the red beast from new in 2005 - still loving it.

Don't give a toss if anyone thinks I'm too old for it.

182 T
23, 182, I can only just justify insurance and running costs but I love properly small hatches, The new breed of hatches are pretty massive IMO. Respect to them but I'm definitely jealous of 18-19 year olds with 1*2s/197s/200s. Love to know what jobs they're are doing to get money to run one above board and insured, especially watching my younger brother get 3-4k tpft insurance quotes on a 1.2.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
23, 182, I can only just justify insurance and running costs but I love properly small hatches, The new breed of hatches are pretty massive IMO. Respect to them but I'm definitely jealous of 18-19 year olds with 1*2s/197s/200s. Love to know what jobs they're are doing to get money to run one above board and insured, especially watching my younger brother get 3-4k tpft insurance quotes on a 1.2.

Pft, insurance is overrated ;)

182 ff
22 just picked up my 182, way better than the pug206gti i had before and wayy better than then golf before that. i always said i go back to clio's after my first one.

PB 182 (1 of 29)
I'm 35. Had 5 turbo at 19, Williams 1 at 25, 172 cup at 27 and now 182 at 35. Thought I'd grow up last year a bought a Saab 9-3 aero, big mistake, so dull! Also had 350 bhp classic impreza but the cost were a killer!

Clio 197 cup
im 29, the wife has the family car for the kids, and i have a pure drivers car thats the most fun ive had in ages in a car (previously had a ep3 civic type r and much prefer my little cup ;) age means jack!!

Focus ST
I'm 24 now and have had a Focus ST Since I was 21, had 2 ph2 172's at 20 and I'm now wanting a clio again, hence trawling the site

VW Touran, BeetleCab
Hi,
I am the grand old age of 41, with 4 kids. Just bought a 172 Ph1, to turn into a track day car. Drove it 140 miles home from the purchaser. despite it being a little tatty, with a knackered rear shock, it drove rather well. Bit too loud with a full Supersprint system,so thats going, so is the interior.
Want it finished and on the track by Sept, and then will be looking to buy a 5 trackday deal, to take us forward to next year. I plan on keeping it for 2 or 3 years, and then hope to step up to a Westfield.
My everyday drive is a "mummymobile" a 10 plate VW Touran 1.9tdi. It may be dull, but its a great people mover, and with towbar fitted, it tows the Clio. Mrs Sherrif has the car of her dreams, a VW Beetle Cab, also a 1.9tdi. Try not to drive it too much, as a bright red beetle, with tinkerbell on the side, and covered in stars, is a little camp, and thats before I put eyebrows and eyelashes on it for her. Sad, but true.......

pt1

clio 172 cup
im 31 to,u get to know good cars as u get older.i used to be into fords,had 2 rs turbo`s n a sierra cosworth,although fast they didnt handle well compared to renaultsport clios n we expensive to run

It's not a "kids car" - but younger people will obviously buy the older more affordable versions. The average age of the 182 owners population will be lower than the av age of 197/200 owners I'd imagine, and as they become more afforable "kids" will buy them too as they desire a fast car. Nothing wrong with that.

On a side note I've no idea why some late teens/20 year olds buy a car as quick as a RS Clio and pay £££££s for insurance - it's just money down the toilet. I'm sure all of the owners think it's worth it but I'd use the money to go on a luxury holiday and make the most of the free time you have at that age....which you could do instead of a couple of years paying £2k for insurance. Everyone has different priorities though...

It's not a "kids car" - but younger people will obviously buy the older more affordable versions. The average age of the 182 owners population will be lower than the av age of 197/200 owners I'd imagine, and as they become more afforable "kids" will buy them too as they desire a fast car. Nothing wrong with that.

On a side note I've no idea why some late teens/20 year olds buy a car as quick as a RS Clio and pay £££££s for insurance - it's just money down the toilet. I'm sure all of the owners think it's worth it but I'd use the money to go on a luxury holiday and make the most of the free time you have at that age....which you could do instead of a couple of years paying £2k for insurance. Everyone has different priorities though...

I paid £1500 to insure a 172 at 19.. Seems like a lot of money (which it is) but cars are my thing, I don't drink don't smoke don't take drugs, cars are all u spend my money on (sad I know) so to me it's worth it!

1.2 16V Clio (Blue)
I paid £1500 to insure a 172 at 19.. Seems like a lot of money (which it is) but cars are my thing, I don't drink don't smoke don't take drugs, cars are all u spend my money on (sad I know) so to me it's worth it!

Lucky you, I pay £2700 on a 1.2 an I'm 19 :(

RS 172 ICEBERG
I'm 43 and drive a PH2 172 I've already spent £2000 getting it ready for track days and making it quicker . For the price there the best hot hatch you can buy .