ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS REPLACEMENT

Renault Clio 1.5 dci
According to reports, the Clio RS will be replaced by the Electric ZOE RS.

What are people planning to do with their RS?

Getting rid to get the most money or keeping hold of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Surely if they're going to stop making a petrol RS Clio then the values of the older cars will only go up as there numbers start to fall.

Either way it makes no difference to me keeping or selling my 182.

I would like an electric car at some point though. The Zoe would probably be too small, but sounds fun with 130bhp electric motor.

Clio 197
Surprising as apparently the MK4 RS outsold the MK3. I'd buy the Zoe RS if it was anything like that concept one they made.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
The looming end of performance small hot hatch Frenchies means those with them already, are laughing.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Read about this on the Evo website. A guy from Renault said a new Clio R.S. would just be unaffordable as it would cost so much to make an engine. It's funny how Ford have managed it though, isn't it?

I'm surprised Renault don't have an engine. The writing was on the wall when the race/rally car was launched with a smaller engine.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I guess Renault's 3pot motor isn't upto lugging the lardy mk4/5 shell around at hit hatch pace. A bit of hybrid action may work though?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I guess Renault's 3pot motor isn't upto lugging the lardy mk4/5 shell around at hit hatch pace. A bit of hybrid action may work though?

Yeah I wondered that. The 1300 turbo must be capable of more than 140PS. Add mild hybrid and it would be in the ballpark. They could use the engine in other cars too.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Read about this on the Evo website. A guy from Renault said a new Clio R.S. would just be unaffordable as it would cost so much to make an engine. It's funny how Ford have managed it though, isn't it?

I'm surprised Renault don't have an engine. The writing was on the wall when the race/rally car was launched with a smaller engine.

Sounds like they've made a right f**king mess of development really.

If the small 3-cyl turbo isn't up to the job on a Clio RS then what engine are they gunna use to power the larger vehicles in their lineup?
Surely they have a mid-size turbo engine to use on those?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The Mk4 abortion really killed off the excitement of the brand. No one had anything good to say about it, so why continue to develop a car/engine when the fizz has gone.

I nearly bought one, I would have bought one if it came with a manual 'box. I still can't quite believe that monumental oversight...but I am so glad it happened as it steered me into a Ford dealership and ultimately into what I have now.

Thanks RenaultSport (y):cool:

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
The Mk4 abortion really killed off the excitement of the brand. No one had anything good to say about it, so why continue to develop a car/engine when the fizz has gone.

That might be a bit harsh. The 200EDC did miss the mark a bit, but still got quite a lot of praise, while the 220 Trophy did right a lot of the wrongs. Omitting a manual was a mistake though. If a manual had been available, I think it would have been up there among the best in class.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Back to the original point abit, will this simply not fall down on the price?
The Mk4 RS started at about £19k didn't it??

The normal Zoe is almost £22k, I can imagine the RS being at least £25,000, it's a hard sell and I can't see the same buyers who would have bought the Mk4 RS being interested in the Zoe as a comparable replacement.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Back to the original point abit, will this simply not fall down on the price?
The Mk4 RS started at about £19k didn't it??

The normal Zoe is almost £22k, I can imagine the RS being at least £25,000, it's a hard sell and I can't see the same buyers who would have bought the Mk4 RS being interested in the Zoe as a comparable replacement.

Agreed, though I'd expect an R.S. version to be £30k or more. First EV hot hatch and I bet they will rinse people for it.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Agreed, though I'd expect an R.S. version to be £30k or more. First EV hot hatch and I bet they will rinse people for it.

Holy hell, 30 grand for one? That'd be mental.

IIRC one of the dev guys at Renault said the battery capacity/life would naturally take a hit when they fit larger motors.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
200edc is a s**t gearbox compared to other modern auto boxes
Nothing wrong with the box it was the poor software that wasn't upto the job the 220box/software was fantastic, my mates golf R dsg was as good as the 220 trophy box as standard once he had spent a lot of money on aftermarket software for it!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Nothing wrong with the box it was the poor software that wasn't upto the job the 220box/software was fantastic, my mates golf R dsg was as good as the 220 trophy box as standard once he had spent a lot of money on aftermarket software for it!

Pity they didn't just recall the 200 and upgrade the software.