ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio RS vs e46 M3 vs audi S3 (video)

Renaultsport Clio 197
open the vid in a new window and look at the info :)

ITB's, standalone, cams...and much much more. 220ish bhp / 970 kgs

the s3 is quicker though ('course it is ;) )

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Probably could have Got two m3s for what it cost thought lol,M3 looks to still pulls away at higher speed.

interesting, but I'm sure somethings not right there. I would have thought the m3 would make a mess of the Clio Throttle bodies or not.

Exige S1 + Honda S1
interesting, but I'm sure somethings not right there. I would have thought the m3 would make a mess of the Clio Throttle bodies or not.

Ive raced one in my old 220bhp clio, nowt in it.

They are big heavy barges.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i can't personally see a T/B'd clio keeping up tbh!

^Phil mind the race me and you had! v6 vs Tb's! Nowt in it and the M is significantly faster!!

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172

I could keep up in my astra turbo that was around 260bhp. I would imagine a clio with 220 ish would do the same. It's great keeping up with a 20 to 30k car with one worth nearer 3 to 4k:rasp:. I think i need throttle bodies:cool:

Exige S1 + Honda S1
i can't personally see a T/B'd clio keeping up tbh!

^Phil mind the race me and you had! v6 vs Tb's! Nowt in it and the M is significantly faster!!

Yea but I was wheel spinning most of the way through 3rd;) the Vee was quick, def showed the difference between the mk1 and the mk2

I dont doubt that my dad's M coupe would hump it too, think they are a shade lighter then the m3?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yea but I was wheel spinning most of the way through 3rd;) the Vee was quick, def showed the difference between the mk1 and the mk2

I dont doubt that my dad's M coupe would hump it too, think they are a shade lighter then the m3?

Aye, but judging by a wee race i had with an M3 the other nite, there is bugger all in it!

Wheelspin! - PAHHH!! ;) I was drifting in your slipstream!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Depends on the car tbh. Imagine yoz's old cup wouldn't struggle with an m, would have a better power to weight i'd imagine?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Did you see the start the clio had against the m3? It was practically a rolling start!

MKIII 138
which ever is fastest

the clio is still very rapid and on a b road with that power and throttle respone = win
the bmw is built well and sounds mint and is also rapid
the audi is dull

Renault Clio S
I'll take the German metal over the French plastic any day. Awesome performnce from the Clio though.

Coupe/Defender V8
I got completely obliterated by an S3 earlier today on the carriage way (naturally). They are utterly rapid. Not even sure if it was even chipped to be fair :clown:

I wouldn't say no to one :rasp:

Although theres a nice little swoop as you join where he tried and failed to undertake me. Probably because I was up on 3 and he felt he'd better wait lol

rps13
Lol at everyone defending the M3.

Who cares??

The M3 is an absolutely awesome car, but in this instance the clio was quicker (for a while).

The real world says so.