ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS200 gear stick movement

Clio RS 200
May just be me been paranoid but had similar problem with my Astra vxr 2 year ago......
Astra was much worse tho, had to get new bearings which cost a small fortune

Very little gear stick movement, only does it in 3rd, 4th and 5th, when putting foot off and on the gas, seems to be bit more in 5th gear..... Only talking mm or two

I've been told that most cars have little movement and is normal, can any of u guys confirm this or is something up, car is only 3 year old with 24k so would think its fine????

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
May just be me been paranoid but had similar problem with my Astra vxr 2 year ago......
Astra was much worse tho, had to get new bearings which cost a small fortune

Very little gear stick movement, only does it in 3rd, 4th and 5th, when putting foot off and on the gas, seems to be bit more in 5th gear..... Only talking mm or two

I've been told that most cars have little movement and is normal, can any of u guys confirm this or is something up, car is only 3 year old with 24k so would think its fine????

​Same here fella, 59 Plate on 30K

Clio RS 200
So is this just normal, I think so but was just wanting to know
Yours in the same gears as me mate?
Bit annoying especially when I like resting hand on gear knob

Suzuki Jimny
You shouldn't rest your hand on the knob, can wear out a selector fork or something iirc.

Mine does it a tiny bit, but not really anything to worry about.

Clio RS 200
Yeah true mate, just do it now and again, planning on doing some track days so was having doubts incase it made the movement worse

Clio 172 Ph2
Try driving anything with a renault PK6 box... ie laguna, traffic, master, Vivaro and Astra...... when the bearings are on their way out they move anything up to 3 inches!!