ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS200

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I found mine no harder than her Fiesta 6.5 ZS when it was new. Got used to it very quickly.

Suzuki Jimny
Love the cup chassis on mine, only notice the stiffness when I have a female passenger. Jubblies bouncing all over.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I always get my own tyres after purchase anyway, unless they come with a pretty decent set. Nothing to worry about :)

Seems like the Cup keeps edging it with ever post in here :p

good good. Mine had nexens on the front. They took forever to kill!

that said, they performed alright in the dry, but they really unsettled the car when pressing on (so much more oversteer)

good good. Mine had nexens on the front. They took forever to kill!

that said, they performed alright in the dry, but they really unsettled the car when pressing on (so much more oversteer)

I usually use http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/ before I buy any tyres for a certain car and I know if you have the cash Eagle F1A2's are always a good buy.

From personal experience, are there any you would recommend as a must buy?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I usually use http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/ before I buy any tyres for a certain car and I know if you have the cash Eagle F1A2's are always a good buy.

From personal experience, are there any you would recommend as a must buy?

conti3s are awesome and what I'm currently using, but I think they've been discontinued in 17" and superseded by continental contactsport 5s

people rate hankook v12s too

although, winter is coming into full swing so rain sports are a good shout

I spec'd my 200 without cup chassis. IME the roads in Scotland are horrendous for cup chassis and being so hard it skips about too much. The non cup chassis was much smoother.

I spec'd my 200 without cup chassis. IME the roads in Scotland are horrendous for cup chassis and being so hard it skips about too much. The non cup chassis was much smoother.

Test drive around Stirling, hopefully on Saturday if I am impressed with it when I get there. So will see how it does with the roads.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
You will love the Cup Suspension, no doubt, unless your 50+

youll have a hoot! :)

RB 200
Mine had some shitty Thai or Chinky tires on the front when I got mine (not sure if they were OE), but they were gash in the wet. Got some Conti sport contact 5's on straight the way, can't fault them.

Went to see it today. Only for a look as they are shut for business until tomorrow. Not a single scrape or dent other than the expected. The peeling interior and damaged seat in the image I posted are not there. The seats look in better condition and a different colour. Looks to me like the seats and dash have been sorted.

It is in great condition for what it is.

Only downside is all but the right rear wheel is the only one with decent tyres, but all 4 have a great amount of tread left. Easy fix though.

Going for a test drive Saturday morning and if all goes well, I'll have it by the new year.

RB 200
Good work-you'll love it! How much did you pay and what milliage is it? I'm jealous of those Recaros, would love some for mine but they'e like finding hens teeth!

Good work-you'll love it! How much did you pay and what milliage is it? I'm jealous of those Recaros, would love some for mine but they'e like finding hens teeth!

Paid £10,751 so the asking price (on finance though, I ain't that rich :p), but got £600 off for a trade in on my old car ('04 MG ZR 105). Definitely think I could have gotten it down a bit more, but he had me at the fact he wasn't for budging and it was the only dealer sale within 100 miles and the only one with everything I wanted in 300miles (not that I told him this obv! but I am certain he knew this already).

It has done ~35,000miles.

Plus they have fixed the peeling centre unit so it is just as it was new. They also had the Recaros completely reupholstered so the holes in the drivers side and stains/wear marks on both are gone. Like brand new, claimed price of £600. Unsure if this sounds right or not though, but took it at face value.

Only thing left for me to do interior wise if I want is the top of the steering wheel has ripped slightly and could do with a cover/being reupholstered. Nothing major though.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd have got them to replace he steering wheel at that price

a new one is around £150 without the airbag

I'd have got them to replace he steering wheel at that price

a new one is around £150 without the airbag

I was planning on it, but going to be honest here, I was so pumped after the test drive I completely forgot till we were on the way home. I'm happy either way so not worth the fuss.

Car gets wear and tear. Got other jobs ahead of a new steering wheel anyway as it is still fully functional and working great, but I might do some overtime next month and get it sorted. With airbag of course, how much do you reckon that would be?

Edit: New 197/200 Steering Wheel with airbag is showing as £317.24 on Renault Parts Direct.

Last edited: