ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RSi insurance

V6 engined Mk3 Astravan
Hey people. not sure if this is in the correct place or not :S but here goes..
as some of you may know iv recently purchased a 1.8 clio RSi, but as im 18 with no no claims insurance is a KILLER. iv had quotes ranging from 2900 up to 9000!!! however another forum user iv been talking to who is in the same situation as me and has just bought a valver. although his insurance is coming back at about 1000-1200 online with a years no claims, but if i try put that i have a years no claims it still comes back near 3 grand online. can anyone think why this is? as the rsi is only an 8v so should at least be simalar. its really starting to annoy me now, im happy to wait till i get a years no claims in november before i insure it. thats no problem. i just want to try find out how much its going to be. because id be gutted if i waited all that time only to find out insurance was too much and id have to sell it, i realise the insurance is going to be expensive, but im prepared to pay it to be able to drive the rsi. however 3 grand plus seems OTT.
please help!!

A very gutted Jonny!

f'ing Insurance, But Suppose thats the way it is, About time the Government or watchdog or sommet started to crack down on insurance companies ripping New drivers off

V6 engined Mk3 Astravan
tis very true, although i still dont get why its so much more expensive for me, or so it seems

S2000
How long have you held your license? Once you have had you license for a year insurance prices come down by loads!!! Quotes I was getting for teh 1.4 dropped from about £1800 to £800 when I had had my license a year (that without any ncb, just having had it a year)

'92 172, Lotus Elise
i wouldnt even get quoted for the RSi, maybe its statistically a high risk car?

probably why i got my 1.8 RT so cheap, not many of them, so very good statistically.

i found the RSi to be as expensive as the 16v, whilst not having as much power! :(

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
I still have my RSI, when i insured it at 20, it was £300 cheaper (£800) than a Valver (£1159). Might just be the area you live mate, trying knocking down the amount of miles you do a year and had your mother as a named driver, buy an alarm and steering lock etc etc..

Also try Admiral/Tesco, they were good for me...

MK1 Clio 16v
I had the same problem insuring my valver at 19, with under a years driving experience and no NCB at all. Most places i called up seemed shocked i was asking for a quote on a valver seeing as though i was a 'new' driver in their eyes, so most places refused to quote or wanted a stupid amount to insure it! Luckily, both valvers i've owned are modified and therefore i went through Adrian Flux to insure them. They quoted me £2000.00 bang on, TPFT, to insure my valver with 17's, tints, body kit, bucket seats, K-TEC Exhaust, smoothed boot, boot install, etc etc, the list goes on. Good price for my age i thought, so i took out the policy.

A company called Hyperformance quoted me £1700 for a 1.8 RT with modifications. You could give them a try.

V6 engined Mk3 Astravan
i tried adrian flux as thats who im insured with now but they wont insure me at all! iv been trying for quotes online with a years no claims because id probs be waiting till i got a years no claims anyway before i insured. getting more and more gutted by the day as its looking more like il have to sell it. and i DO NOT want to do that.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I'm 18 and i got insured on my 172 for £1800. It depends on so many factors, where u live and what u use the car for being major ones. Also you part time employment is huge influence, insurance companies dont lke thinkin that your parkin your car outside sum back aley pb every other night. Wait until november then play each company off the other, claim that tesco gave it to u for £300 less that admiral and make them fight it out.

IBIZA 1.9 FR TDI
^^^^ Hit the nail on the head. If you are under 21 with 0 years NCB your more or less a lephur in the insurance world, no one wants to touch you. Every year insurance change their rates so next year it may be a lot less than you think, here are one or two things which may bring your insurance down.......

Tell them you do 3000 miles a year, if they question it say alot of people drive your car TPO.

Say you drive to work then you wont be doing 3000 miles socially, this works with some insurance companies but not all.

Add one of you parents on to your policy that way there is shared driving for those 3000 miles that way the insurers will think you wont drive it as much.

This is not misrepresentation by the way, these are things that you may do.

Hope this helps