ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Series

WRX
There is a thread on it Sarah, with different views. Unfortunately the site is having a few technical issues and it doesn't show in a search at the moment. I know Nik is on the case so the thread should be back up soon. Others (myself included) are doing another series under the Track Attack Race Club, open to all french cars. That might also be of interest to you.

There is a thread on it Sarah, with different views. Unfortunately the site is having a few technical issues and it doesn't show in a search at the moment. I know Nik is on the case so the thread should be back up soon. Others (myself included) are doing another series under the Track Attack Race Club, open to all french cars. That might also be of interest to you.

Thanks Adam :), does Track Attack have a Facebook page I can look at?

WRX
There's a group for what is currently called the French Trophy Race Series, which is the series that we are competing in. It is subject to a name change for next year though due to an MSA rule.

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
fantastic been waiting for these.
so just to check , no camber bolts? also when it says remap i take it that includes rs tuner?
just checking as these are about the only mods on my car.

182cup & 172 racecar
I'm pushing for camber bolts or and an adjustable top mount for camber, otherwise you guys will be wearing your tyres out.

Oh and a rs tuner flash isn't going to make you sh1t loads quicker.

Last edited:
  WRX
ok what about the rs tuner do i have to reinstall the original program.
cheerss

Not worth checking IMHO. Doesn't bother me if you've got just an RS tuner. Not saying that you have but you might only have a 150bhp engine and how is it going to be checked?

Camber bolts would be nice to help us through the bends too.

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Thanks Adam :), does Track Attack have a Facebook page I can look at?

Hi Sarah,

Im building a 182 for this series. The car is almost finished. I started a project thread but haven't updated it for a while.

Yes there is 20+ cars I know of being built.

You better get building!!!

I hope to see you out on the circuit next year :D

George

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Sorry tony, I didn't make myself clear there! I'm doing the 750MC 182 Series.

Having said that, the first race isn't till The beginning of May! So I might enter a race or 2 with you guys.

When is your first race and are you doing brands?

WRX
It's Rockingham 5th April and Brands was on the provisional but apparently MSV swapped the date for something else, so it's not on our list this year.

182cup & 172 racecar

Having said that, the first race isn't till The beginning of May! So I might enter a race or 2 with you guys.

I thought as much, shame really.

It's Rockingham 5th April and Brands was on the provisional but apparently MSV swapped the date for something else, so it's not on our list this year.

What Adam said, gutted really, as I love Brands.

182cup & 172 racecar
I've said elsewhere on this forum, Championship status changes everything, I mean everything. From which circuits you can go to, what is charged, the regs are screwed down and so on.

Plus on a downside, you have people fighting for points, which can get messy ( I know I've done it).

It's not that easy. Just to register for Championship status costs a fortune, which of course would be passed down to the competitor, so it all adds up.

But like CSCC Tin Tops they do an unofficial tally at the end of the year, and give awards to suit.

182cup & 172 racecar
French Trophy Race Series:
2014 Supplementary Technical Regulations
(Production Classes E&F)

1... Introduction Introduction
These regulations are for the PRODUCTION CLASSES E&F ie for cars run as close to production spec as
safety and reliability allows. As a guide if your car has something on it that wasn’t there when it left the
showroom ie to manufactures spec. Unless its mentioned hear it’s probably not allowed.

2... Description Description
The production cup classes are for Citroen, Peugeot, and Renault cars only run in production spec. All
cars MUST comply with though do not require Mot requirements [excluding emissions] NO modifications
mechanically or physically to the car or parts as sold by the manufacturer, unless otherwise stated in
these regulations. Where parts are replaced they should be with the manufacturers components from
their parts list for the model being raced. In the interest of cost non generic replacement parts can be
used where the can be shown and proven to be of the same material, manufacturing process, form,
shape function dimensions and fit without modification as per the original. Unless the regulations say you
can, assume you can’t

3... Chassis Chassis
No chassis stiffening allowed apart from that derived from fitting a roll cage and upper strut brace to the
front only.

4... Car - --- Exterior Exterior Exterior
No alterations to the shape of standard bodywork , which must retain its orginal silhouette. Standard
wing mirrors must be retained, wiper blades must function, all lights function. All weather strips.channels
must remain. Towing eyes to be painted in accordance with MSA regulations. Any replacement body
panels must be original shape and material. No modifications may be made to the body work other than
for repair. Exterior trim should remain standard, No widening of the wheel arches is permitted. No holes
drilled or ducts added for any purpose. Bonnet and engine covers to be in normal closed position no non
standard gaps. No use of tape to fill shut lines.

5... Car - --- Interior Interior Interior
Drivers seats should be replaced with an Msa approved item, as well as the fitting of roll cage,
extinguishers, harness and any mandatory safety features pre scribed in the blue book. Passenger seats
may be removed, along with floor coverings roof linings. Dashboard must remain in situ, but radios,
speakers, etc can be removed along with associated ducting/wiring as well as the spare wheel. It is
recommended the windscreen heating/demist system remains. Steering wheel may be replaced with
aftermarket, Glass sun roofs where fitted by manufacturers should be removed and the opening closed in
accordance with blue book requirements. Electric window motors and door cards can be removed but
exposed doors must be covered in accordance with msa rules. All instruments to remain standard.

6... Ground Clearance Ground Clearance
It is permitted to alter the ride height but the car must be no less than 75mm from the ground I race
trim with the driver onboard stationary or moving. 7... Engine
The engines are to be standard specification. No internal performance enhancing modifications what so
ever to the engine are allowed. [such as polishing or porting two examples] The use of standard or
standard pattern parts and components only to be used for rebuilds which should be within the
tolerances set down by the manufacturers work shop manuals. Where aftermarket components are
used these should be of the same material,weight,profile,and function of the originals. [eg no alternative
cams or high compression pistons. being two examples].
a. Oil/Water cooling- Radiators to be standard in terms of capacity and location, no additional
ducting, Standard sump to be retained but may be baffled.
b. Induction System- after market air filters allowed [filter must be branded item available
commercially ie no one off specials] and must be fitted in the engine bay.
c. Exhaust System – Standard manifold to be retained remainder including silencer free. [Ensure
you meet the circuit noise restrictions].
d. Engine management – Standard Ecu only to be used [no remapping].
e. Fuel System –Fuel pump to remain standard , fuel lines and filters are free No additional fuel
pressure regulation allowed.

8... Suspension Suspension
a. Permitted- Uprated/lowered springs are permitted. Non adjustable uprated dampers are
permitted providing the mount on the standard mounts. Anti roll bars are free, but must not
be adjustable by driver whilst seated. Uprated anti roll bar links are permitted, providing they
are not adjustable in length and are not manufactured using rose joints. Adjustability of
suspension geometry is limited to that provided by the vehicle manufacturer for standard
suspension. Standard chassis bump stops must be fitted in standard position. Polybush
replacements are permitted.
b. Prohibited – Modifications to suspension pick up points, **** pit adjustable anti roll bars with
driver seated, offset or adjustable suspension strut mounts, adjustable, spring platforms, hub
carrier brackets dampers with remote reservoirs, rose joints/rod ends in any suspension
component . Any modifications restriction a wheel from reaching its fully dropped position.
c. Wheel base and track to remain standard for the model being raced, other than spacers up to
10mm per side permitted.

9... Transmission Transmission
Must remain standard [gearboxes, ratios etc] for the model being raced with no internal modifications
allowed.

10... Electrics Electrics
Ignition system standard, plugs leads free. All lights to remain operative to MOT standards. Rain light to
be fitted in accordance with blue book /Msa. Batteries to remain in situ, and cars to be capable of
repetitive starts from main/only battery.
A fully working and standard alternator and pulley must be fitted. Engine cut of switch fitted in accordance
with blue book/Msa requirements. The key start system can be replace with a push button starter.

11... Brakes
Discs must be standard type or pattern/size/material in all cases. No cross drilling or grooving allowed.
Pads free, hoses free, Handbrake standard and must function in accordance with Mot standards.

12... Wheel/Steering Wheel/Steering
Wheels restricted to the sizes offered by the manufacturers for the vehicle being raced. After market
rims may be used if they conform to the size requirements. Steering locks to be rendered in-operative
unless car is driven to the circuit, in accordance with blue book.

182cup & 172 racecar
Camber bolts or adjustable top mounts will be allowed. Main reason being, to reduce tyre wear. I have the power;).

This will be amended after Xmas along with anything else that crops up.

Bit of an old thread, just wanted to know how you are getting on in the 182 series?