ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio sounded like a scooby ?

ibiza cupra
on sat morning when i first got into the 172 to pop to the shops it was fine then about 10 mins of driving it started sounding like a scooby. when i went to drive off though, i had to give it a load of revs to get it going properly then was fine once driveing but would do it again when i slowed down or stopped. then once i had parked up, done my stuff and got back into it, it was fine and hasnt done it since:S.
just wonder what the hell happened and wether it is likley to happen again. im thinking maybe ht leads or coil pack as it had new plugs last year and has had a new o2 sensor on it in the past few months. but other than that im stumped.
am i thinking on the right lines or am i way off?

Check:

HT leads
coil pack
spark pluts
Lambda sensor (unlikely)
oil

Any issues with dash lights or engine spluttering etc.?

Rusty Cup
ive had 4 or 5 coils go and your description is consistent with my experiences. I was told by an AA guy not to drive it any meaningful distance coz it will damage the cat...

Why it stopped doing it seems odd tho.

ibiza cupra
Check:

HT leads
coil pack
spark pluts
Lambda sensor (unlikely)
oil

Any issues with dash lights or engine spluttering etc.?
ive had the oil light come on a couple of times but when i check the oil level, its fine so just put it down to being parked ona slope.

197 ff albi
my friends 1.6 megane did this it was his coilpack, couldn't go anything above 4k and or 30mph as soon as he replaced it ,it was fine

ibiza cupra
problem seems to have fixed its self for now so fingers crossed it will last till the new year lol.