ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport 172 Ph2 - 16's OR 17's

Renault Clio Sport 2002
Hi there everyone

I just joined this forum a few days ago after picking up my 2002 Black Clio Sport 172 with only 37,000kms on Monday. The car is stock standard with really dark tinted windows.

I want to upgrade my wheels but I'm not sure if to get 16's or 17's. The car currently has the stock 15's and I dont want to ruin the ride and handling.

So can anyway tell me what setup they have, including wheel and tyre sizes and suspension setup and if they recommend it or not.

Pics would be a great help to.

Thanks
Dave (Sydney Australia)

yeah defo no bigger, they may look "good" but the handling will be rubbish and you will neeeeeeeed to lower it big style. itll look like a tractor mate.

stick with the 16s.

what you thinking of going for?

jamie

i had 17s for 6 months, looked cool but handled like a bag of jellyfish. Dont bother if you want to use the car as it was built for, ie: driving hard.!!

I have gone back to a 7.5 x 16" wheel and its faster in a straight line, faster through corners and sits better over the wheels.

hope this helps

as requested a pic of mine with a 7x17" wheel. These are for sale by the way if anyone is interested. PM me. hope this helps OZ.!

wheels1.jpg