ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio sport headlight washers

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
ok is it just me or do the little balls at the top of the jets either keep getting nicked or just plain fall out with the water pressure? im forever replacing them!!!

Does any one know where to get cheap ones?

Thanks

172 Cup
I caught mine halfway out once, but unfortunately the other had gone walk abouts. Bought a new washer jet and took the ball out, then epoxy-resined the buggers both in!! they wont come out again thats for sure!!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Yeah i had the same problem, i just used some silcone sealant (stuff you put round sinks and baths), stilll working a year on!!

Megane225FF
yep, superglue work a treat.. currently running haroldite on mine.. not popped out for months... and the water still gets through

LY182/NHB CTR
have to replace mine too they both popped out a couple of mths back.. although it is fun spraying water at my cat when he walks infront of the car!!!

Clio 172 mk2
I still don't know how the balls come out of the washer stalks as they are pretty hard to fit in place.

Megane Mk4
Mmmmm, Might have that problem on mine, have noticed the off-side one's started to leak water lately...

Anyone have a guide for doing it or/and can tell me how to take them off without damaging the bumper?? :D

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
mk2_172_silver said:
my washer jets dont work at all, i havent really looked into it that much, could it just be that they dont have the little balls on?

no, they would still work without the balls being in, the water just doesn't get directed properly and sprays infront of the car. One of mine stopped working ( i didn't know ), but Mike sorted it with the Renault Clip system when he did my 36k service.

l!ckeldev!l_2k1 said:
Mmmmm, Might have that problem on mine, have noticed the off-side one's started to leak water lately...

Anyone have a guide for doing it or/and can tell me how to take them off without damaging the bumper?? :D

I was told that to replace the whole thing you need to take the whole bumper off, but if its just the little ball, then you can pop it in and glue it.....