ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio sport help pleaseee ! :)

Clio RT, MK2 Phase 1
i will be coming into some money soon and i used to have a clio mk2 phs 1 1.4 and now have a corsa d 1.0 :/ soo sloww haha, i was wondering if you guys could help me im thinking of buying a clio sport and i would realyyy like the mk2 ph1 buttt i also love the ph2 :( im stuck on which one to buy :( any advise would be highly apreciated :) also what is the fastest, ive herd about cup, trophy ectt what is the diference? most reliable ectt lol also im only 21 and i live in salford so my insurance is skyyy highhh lol anyone know any cheap places .

thank you very much and im sorry for all the questions :)

Anton Mills

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'm still maintaining it's correct name is Renault Clio RenautSport. Clio RenaultSport or Clio RS for short.

120d M Sport
Most people (outside the geeky world of cliosport) can identify with the term Clio Sport.

I do genuinely worry that there are people out there going round saying renaultsport clio 172/182, mind you it's ok for those whose friends mostly consist of forum buddies.

R26
Most people (outside the geeky world of cliosport) can identify with the term Clio Sport.

I do genuinely worry that there are people out there going round saying renaultsport clio 172/182, mind you it's ok for those whose friends mostly consist of forum buddies.

LOL. Not really a big deal calling it a Cliosport imo

I'm still maintaining it's correct name is Renault Clio RenautSport. Clio RenaultSport or Clio RS for short.

Nope. The correct term is a RenaultSport Clio.

RS is a Ford.

I say 'a Clio' I never feel the need to expand on it. Regardless of people being able to identify with it, it's still wrong.

LOL. Not really a big deal calling it a Cliosport imo

I'll call you Darren shall I? Its like Dean. Not a big deal.

Listerine & Poledo
Aren't they A RenaultSport Clio?

Anyway, to try and help you. First, get some insurance quotes and see f you really want to blow your windfall on a car, the price wont go down much year-on-year either.
Running costs will be a lot higher than what you're used to, including fuel of course.
If you DID get an RS Clio of any sort, would you then decide to throw away more money on "mods"? THhis will only end up with bigger insurance once again.
Any RS Clio is good, test drive a couple and you'll probably find for yourself that all the changes between a 172, a 182, a cup and a non-cup are so small you just can't notice them.
The most important thing to look up though will be the service history and anything that's not 100% clean on the HPI. Clio's now ttract the same mindset that Saxo VTR's did and as such tend to be bought then written off within months.
Good luck though, just dont go and make insurance worse for the rest of us! :)

Last edited:
that it? got loads more info of the other websites thanks anyway pal

Seriously? 7 minutes passed from your first post, with 1 constructive reply and you're asking if 'that's it'?

It's Wednesday afternoon, a lot of people are at work. Paitence son, patience.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Gotta laugh at the arguement of renaultsport clio, and cliosport. The name of the website is 'cliosport' after all.

Stripped yozza'd cup
172 ph1 - cable throttle, otherwise pretty much the same as the phase 2.
172 ph2 - half leather, cruise control, climate control etc etc.
172 cup - no abs, no traction control, poverty spec interior, no air con (although there are a few with it as an optional extra)
182 - more or less the same as the 172 ph2 but with options for cup suspension and cup styling packs.
182 trophy - all the gadgets, recaro seats, sachs dampers and a few other bits.

Clio RT, MK2 Phase 1
i have searched jd think youll find my search ended here :D which is why i asked the question that ony a few clever people seemed to answer to on a clio site :) thanks Goodj and jack_kemp for actualy ansering the questions asked and not just telling me where to go coz ive already been those places and they tld me to go to this site and ask the people that know about this stuff JUST LIKE I DID :D

i have searched jd think youll find my search ended here :D which is why i asked the question that ony a few clever people seemed to answer to on a clio site :) thanks Goodj and jack_kemp for actualy ansering the questions asked and not just telling me where to go coz ive already been those places and they tld me to go to this site and ask the people that know about this stuff JUST LIKE I DID :D

I told you exactly what you wanted to know :S

The guide tells you the differences between them all. The insurance section has a daily thread on someone young wanting to drive a fast car.

They are all the same speed. The BHP difference is tiny. Most don't make that power anyway. Get a good 172 and it'll be faster than a bad 182.

If you have £4k get a 172. If you have £5.5k get a 182. If you have £7k get a Trophy (those are top prices btw)

Stripped yozza'd cup
Nope. Trophy doesn't have xenons, rear pleather, or climate.

Fail. I thought they had everything.

No worries chap, it's all information that can be found by searching, but it's hard to do if you don't know what you're looking for.

BTW, I'm 21 too and drive a 172 cup. insurance is £790 with Admiral but they raped me for the very basic mods (wheels exhaust and springs) so when I renew, I'll be going elsewhere. Brentacre, Adrian Flux or Sky insurance most probably

Clio 182 & Clio 172
I've recently bought a 182 and I'm beginning to fall in love with it, If your insurance would let you I'd recommend a clio, I only went for the 182 because there was one with low enough mileage and standard at the time I was looking... I would have quite happily had a 172 :) failing that... dare i say it but look for a 106 :) they're good little cars

Listerine & Poledo
good luck, just dont barrel-roll it into a primary school then expect the truth to not come out.

CS is everywhere, and Mace will find it on Google Street view..... if he hasn't already snapped it on his iPhone 5

Gotta make sure. You buy a 182 Cup when you really wanted a cupped 182 and you're completely fucked. That kinda thing could ruin a man. Forever.

I should know. People spit at me and my car because it doesn't have the cup packs.

Listerine & Poledo
And always check under the bonnet.

all 1*2's should have a 2-litre engine under the bonnet, irrespective of what wheels, interiors, wings and spoilers they have! ;)

Renault Clio S
A Clio Sport is technically speaking a 1.4. Using the term to describe a 2.0 RenaultSport can be a bit misleading.

For example, I have a Clio Sport (1.4) and when I gave a local garage my plate number to replace some two broken front suspension springs, I was told 18inch Clio springs would fit. They didn't. A call to Renault confirmed that 15inch RenaultSport springs were fitted to the Clio Sport model. The AA also refers to my Clio Sport as a RenaultSport when providing (grossly inaccurate) insurance quotes. Doh.