ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio starting issues

01 Clio grande 1.2
I have a 01 (y reg) Clio 1.2 Grande with 67k on the clock , I have had it almost a year and never had any issues until 6-7 weeks ago it had a few little fits of refusing to start but after a few tries it would start up then a month ago i travelled to my nearest city ( 100 miles away) i parked up and went into a few shops i was maybe a hour went back to the car but it wouldnt fire up turned over no problems just wouldn't catch kept trying for 3 hrs with no luck by this time a friend travelled down to give me a hand put his jump leads on as my battery was running low and after a few mins i tried again and the car fired up no problem, I drive it back to my parents to try see if i could see the fault to no avail I did notice the coil pack has a minor crack in it nothing bad, I took the TDC sensor of cleaned it up checked the plugs ( a little worn) put it back together and wouldnt start after a few hrs and connecting it to the battery charger for a hr it fired up and run fine for 3 weeks, Last week it began playing up again but starting after many tries, I ordered a new TDC and plugs fitted them today and still refuses to catch, still turning over no problem. I dont think it is the imobaliser as the light stays on constant when key is turned then goes off after a minute. I need the car for college and work.I have removed and cleaned the earth cable from the battery the starter points ( where the wires attach) the earth on the gearbox, cleaned the relay points and looked for any broken/worn wires and cleaned and tried both keys and still no luck any ideas ???? with out costing me a fortune at the garage am not bad at doing the work myself. I have almost given up on it and am planing on fixing then selling it as i need reliable transport Any help would be great Many Thanks Vincent (wilky101)

01 Clio grande 1.2
may be helpful or not but when running it runs well just a little low on power but was like that when i got it but not quite as bad i had put it down to plugs ( just replaced) and fuel filter ( changed just before i broke down in the city) i am thinking it may possibly be the coil pack. I have checked the braided earth it looks fine i cant check thoroughly as i cant get under the car