ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio steering problem!

Clio 1.5dci
i recently fitted a new clutch on my clio 1.5dci 2005 and about a day afterwards I noticed a loud clunking as I drove over a short speed bump, only when the passenger wheel went over it, also it has started to do it when I steer at low speeds or when stantionary, any ideas? Seems to be getting louder Thanks

Clio 172 Merc ML55
More than likely be the top mount on suspension, could possibly be track rod end but you can quickly check for any free play there with the wheel in the air.

The top mount design isn't great on a mk2 (assuming yours is a mk2 and not an early mk3) and lends itself to becoming loose and clunking/knocking when worn

Clio 1.5dci
More than likely be the top mount on suspension, could possibly be track rod end but you can quickly check for any free play there with the wheel in the air.

The top mount design isn't great on a mk2 (assuming yours is a mk2 and not an early mk3) and lends itself to becoming loose and clunking/knocking when worn
I have changed the top mounts about 3 weeks ago when I fitting lowering springs, there is slight play in the wheel when it's in the air

Clio 172 Merc ML55
In road wheel I assume rather than steering wheel? If so then it narrows things down to either bottom ball joint or track rod end depending on where abouts you're rocking the wheel from at the time