ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sunstrip

Ive never understood why people like sun strips, they look tacky and spoil the look of the car. IMO!

But if your really serious about getting them, there are loads of sites online that will make you one with your own phrase "renault" and you can fit it yourself, very easy to do!

OK sunsrips are illiegal and you could get a £30 quid fine if i were you id get words like clio sports it does not completly block your view

i have a pic of a clio 16v taken in a car park which has a cliosport sunstrip, when i asked whos it was jas and nick both said theyd never even seen or heard of this clio before. ive still got it on me pc in me files.

Do you guys know of any sites that will make custom Sun strips? Is cliosport.net considering making there own sunstrip because I am sure lots of ppl would want them.

car shows are a great place to pick up those sort of bits i got my 1 from maxpower live just gone and you can have a look at it if you go to south end next weekend. oh and it cost me £8

The shows r good for sunstrips & the like.I got my sunstrip from Wilcos car shop & then got Renault Sport to go over the top from VW Action, was a bit of a pain having both bits seperate but it looks good.

well jonclio you must have the wrong wiper blades on your car cos 99% of wiper blades go with in 1 to 2 inches from the top of the windscreen so their for they make contact with the sunsrip their for it makes them allegal i my self have been stung £30 by the fuzz for this

My wipers go over the sunstrip, but hasnt yet been notice by the police, even tho they passed me when it was raining when my wipers were going!!!??

yeah it took them about half a year to do me for it, It depends on the copper as well they mite just tell you to take it off but i got find"d £30 and told to remove it there and then or he would fine me again but just cos they havent done you for it yet that dose not mean they will not do you for it in weeks or years to come

clio williams, Ph1 172

Any sign writing place will make one for you. Just take a pic of what youd like. Ive put a Black strip on my blue 16V and put the Clio sport sticker on the drivers side. It look really good,loads of people thinks it does. I wouldnt try getting a colour match as youll never get one and they look sh*t if they dont match.
The film is between 5 and 10 quid. should be enough for 2 to 3 attempts.
Oh by the way i had a strip on my old car for 2 years and on this one for 6months. never been pulled once. Also been through 3 mots with em on. wiper would goon it too loads.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Oh plug for the website.get your Cliosport sticker from this site. Looks great. Good quality too. Dont have a copy made.go for the original its worth it.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

oh yeah if you car is quite low with quite a big strip,every now and again get used to asking you passenger or trying to look through the drivers window to see if the traffic lights have changed yet.

BMW 320d Sport

Good call coolspot! I remember the fun to be had having to wind down the window in the rain, poking my head out cos I couldnt see whether the lights had gone green!

I think sunstrips have had their day - a bit like pastel jumpers. But if you want one AFAIK its not a question of wipers or anything. Its down to whether the drivers vision is obscured below the level at which the normal sunvisors would come down.