ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio super 1600

Engine

No. cylinder

CC (x1.7 if turbocharged)

Bore / Stroke (mm)

79.5 / 80.5

Comp. Ratio

Max.Power (bhp)

Revs.

Max.Torque (kg/m)

Revs.

Turbo

no turbo

No. Valves

No. + Position Cams

2 Overhead Camshaft

Front-Transverse

Transmission

Front-wheel drive

Differential (Front-Central-Rear)

Mechanical

Clutch

single

Gearbox

6 speed sequential (Sadev)

Brakes

Front / gravel

DV285

Front / asphalt

DV355

Rear / gravel

DV265

Rear / asphalt

DV265

Suspension (shock absorbers)

Front

MacPherson

Rear

Trailing arm & coil over damper

Dimensions

Length (mm)

Widht (mm)

Height (mm)

Wheelbase (mm)

Front track (mm)

Rear track (mm)

Weight (kg)

It will be the power that renault claim.

To compete in the Super 1600 category, you need this kind of power. The 206s and Pumas put out this power and so everyone else must too.

They use throttle bodies, rev very highly and need re-building every event.

They do sound nicer than any WRC car though...IMO

yeah, ace cars!

the saxo was the raigning champ last year when when different rules applied.

basically, the cars are built to a cost limit of US$100,000 and cont go over that. for new up and comming rally drivers and all.

anyway, origianlly, you had the choice of a single TB which is restricted to a single 60mm inlet, or individual TBs each with a 40mm inlet...

the saxo was the only one with individual TBs and duely won the championchip with sebastien loeb driving. THen, they changed the rules to only allow the single 60mm inlet restriction....and this just gave the saxo more torque.

true they sound ace!!! like the old F2 racers! LOL

and they look pretty damn sweet too!

Yes the kit is available, i know a FWD clio rally car with this kit, its very damn quick as well. (dumped his oil on a stage on the Isle of Man...the bugger)

Not sure if its a 1600 or 2000 but its not a works (S1600) car.

why ha it got 2ltr silver badges on then!!?? LOL

cup, you sure it aint a S1600, as you can buy them, there not all factory?

and im pretty sure that you cant buy the kit alone since they are so backed up with making the cars alone........

itll be a while.....the pug 206 S100 parts list just came out.......and thats been out for ages.

Cupsize, "Daiper" ?

Anyway, it was not that I spotted all the things you mention it was because I found the site about the S1600 and posted the actual pics from the site so I know it IS an S1600.

The silver super 1600 is the promotioanla car they use at car shows, Ive seen pictures of that car at the Paris motor show.

As far as the body kit, the only part that is available to buy is the spoiler, as it is a standard race spoiler. However I suppose that if enough of us were interested in the body kit there are many companies that could produce them for us.

One such company is ABS motorsport who are based in the North-east, I sold a Mitsubishi evo 6 lightweight bumper to the guy so that he could make a mould and start turning out carbon fibre and grp copies. I enquired with him about making a lightweight bonnet and he said that the cost of a body panel is 120 quid, but he charges an initial cost of 220 quid to produce a mould. His e-mail address is mailto:absmotorsport@aol.com">absmotorsport@aol.com if anyone wants to enquire with hima bout producing an entire kit.

you could probably use the v6 front n rear bumpers and arches for the mk2.. the rear arches would need making, but probably not too bad to do.. will have to get some costs for the v6 parts ??.. Ben ?? have you got an updated price list, mine hasnt got v6 pars prices on.

Joe.