ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio tce help

Clio 1.2 tce gt line
Hey guys need some advice,

Yesterday I looked under the bonnet to see oil on the underside of the bonnet it's self. I have a feeling its coming from the blow off but I'm abit concerned about it. In addition to this when I'm on boost there's a hissing noise which I'm guessing is the blow off as well. Should it be doing that?

Any input is appreciated
Matt.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Check the oil return pipe to the inlet pipe, it came loose on my friends twingo Tce, get someone to rev it whilst your heads under the bonnet have a good listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 1.2 tce gt line
Check the oil return pipe to the inlet pipe, it came loose on my friends twingo Tce, get someone to rev it whilst your heads under the bonnet have a good listen.

Everything seems secure but what would I be listening for in particular?

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Where your hiss is coming from as it's no doubt a boost or vac line which has split or come loose causing the oil

Clio 1.2 tce gt line
Where your hiss is coming from as it's no doubt a boost or vac line which has split or come loose causing the oil
The hiss dosent occur when stationary just when driving. Is the oil something to worry about. Ie get in a shop to be checked?

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
All depends on amount? Does it look old or newish? Could of just been someone forgetting to put oil cap back on properly or something in the past but from the way you explained it it sounded like my friends twingo which like I said had a loose pipe to the intake which was making lots of hissing and sprayed bits of oil everywhere

Clio 1.2 tce gt line
All depends on amount? Does it look old or newish? Could of just been someone forgetting to put oil cap back on properly or something in the past but from the way you explained it it sounded like my friends twingo which like I said had a loose pipe to the intake which was making lots of hissing and sprayed bits of oil everywhere

This is currently how it looks.

Attachments

• 20170219_115231.jpg
    20170219_115231.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20170219_115217.jpg
    20170219_115217.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 49

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Definitely something to do with that blow off valve then isn't it judging by the pics, has it been installed properly? And where is the other pipe? The oem one has two pipes into it

Clio 1.2 tce gt line
Definitely something to do with that blow off valve then isn't it judging by the pics, has it been installed properly? And where is the other pipe? The oem one has two pipes into it
Yh all secured that's whats getting me confused. There's another 25mm pipe connected at the bottom of the valve.