ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio to Cooper

Corolla T-Sport
As some of you may have previously seen my first car was a Clio Campus Sport which was my pride and joy for a year and a half. I enjoyed making it my own and keeping it clean and tidy.
DSC_3921.jpg

Come university I had to sell up because I wasn't sure how funds would cope with a car at uni. Now with one term left at uni, I began looking at cars over easter, the idea being to drive one standard until summer when I will get a job and can begin changing a few things.

Mum recently bought a mini cooper and is very impressed therefore I was looking into a cooper s, as with my ncb and location insurance would have been manageable, however with further research the cost of road tax, parts and fuel made me opt out.
I really liked the minis so began hunting a cooper, an ideal one cropped up on eBay literally as I refreshed the page, so phone call made I went to view it the next day. Deal done I have myself a 01 Mini Cooper, 44k on the clock, fsh, one previous owner and stunning condition considering the age. It's also a decent spec with part leather seats, aircon etc.

So far I am very impressed with the car, the suspension is stiff, handling responsive, everything seems very smooth and easy. It's not the quickest car but it's a step up from the clio. I have a few plans in mind, priority being the alloys as I can't stand the current ones, possibly oz superturismos or something similar. The exhaust is blowing due to the backbox being rusty, I am undecided whether to put an aftermarket cat back on or not at the moment. I am also after a cooper S upper grill to match the lower honeycomb grill. Looking to the future I may put it on coilovers. Any opinions/suggestions are welcomed.

Here are a few pictures after a quick detail without clay as I had run out.
IMG_0609.jpg
IMG_0611.jpg
IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

Corolla T-Sport
Nice.
More interested in the crosser in the garage, what you got there?

Also, wtf is that spaceship on wheels?

Only a chinese thing, dad went on a top gear style road trip with his brothers on £500 bikes under 125cc around wales.
And that is a 250cc piaggio scooter made into a three wheeled trike, don't ask, dad is definitely having a midlife crisis haha.

Corolla T-Sport
Summer is finally here and I can start doing cheaper mods whilst I'm hunting for a job.
The plan is to completely de-chrome the mini, plastic chrome doesn't do anything for me so it's either going to be blacked out or colour coded. I ordered some plasti-dip and made a start today on the grills and rear boot piece. I also de-badged the 'cooper' from the rear.
13518221_1319234528105174_861668594_o.jpg

13523843_1319234071438553_1666489903_o.jpg

13523991_1319234618105165_1192527748_o.jpg

13517871_1319233611438599_962708563_o.jpg
13396779_1319234124771881_1354873039_o.jpg

Reasonably happy with the outcome, it's plasti-dip after all not difficult to remove. I have also bought clear side repeaters, clean plates and the paint to colour code the remaining front and rear chrome (light surrounds, lower pieces and rear strip) I also plan to spray the lower mesh grill black.

Once I have an income I plan on getting some nice alloys possibly 17"? Also coilovers to get the perfect ride height. Jobs which also need doing are new exhaust as the current one is blowing badly (replacing with a standard one for now) and sort out the tracking or find the source of the car pulling left. That's not forget a good detail on a sunny day.

Suggestions and feedback welcome.

In what way is the 'midland box' bad, as in it's likely to break or its usability?
Cheers

Likely to blow it's diff bearing to pieces. Also, the top mounts on yours are guff and aren't cheap to replace, they were only fitted for the first 7 months of production then changed.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Pretty much everyone I know who's had one has broken about 60-80k

Corolla T-Sport
Ok so the mini didn't last long, it's still sat on the drive however will be up for sale.
I've had my eye on one of these since my mate bought one a year ago. Had to have the facelift model, one cropped up locally so I went to view and ended up buying it. It's sound mechanically however the interior/exterior is tatty and could do with a good clean up. An 04 Corolla t-sport.
unspecified.png
unspecified.jpeg

Reactions: T12