ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio towing...

reyt people, as u no, ive got a mk1 1.2, and when i bought it, some fool had put a tow bar on it!

before you ask... yeh its comin off...

i know it wouldnt pull much, but do you rekon it would pull this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2480324882&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2480324882&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

its proper tiny! me mate bought it, so a think am guna fetch it wi him if the clio could do it.

wot u rekon?

1) I wouldnt tow anything

2) Its a 1.2.. it will struggle

3) Clutch and everything else.. heh.

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

your near me aint ya ukravo (s yorks) if so mate, just pull it all the way back, take a week off work sometime in the summer, Hull aint that far, it would be a right laff, get some mates round, get some beer etc, then when night falls, you can all sleep in the thing, like a moving camping ground, just be carefull within the urban areas.

Shouldnt be a problem its like the weight of 3 adults Id guess and so imagine driving the car with 3 people in it.

Just minimise the problem by taking as much weight out of the car when you go then fulling it with as much of the stuff in the caravan ie the gas bottle to make the car wieght more than the caravan.

Then check the tyres etc on the caravan and make sure the caravan doesnt weight to much and you can lift it on you own dont go dropping the caravan on the tow bar using the jocky wheel as its to heavy.

Try and get the weight low down in the caravan as well and make sure the lights etc work as you can get fined.

[Edited by edde on 09 June 2004 at 9:33pm]

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by dailyd on 09 June 2004

your near me aint ya ukravo (s yorks) if so mate, just pull it all the way back, take a week off work sometime in the summer, Hull aint that far, it would be a right laff, get some mates round, get some beer etc, then when night falls, you can all sleep in the thing, like a moving camping ground, just be carefull within the urban areas.
hahaha- not too many maybe just the two of u! and ull have to decide whether u want beer in there or food- not enough room for both

ukravo- where u gonna store this hunk of crap?

if u live at home wit ure rents, im not sure theyd want that on their front lawn...

i know- give it to top geaR! theyll do something really good with it!!!!

The main problem you will find is that with a reasonably light car such as a Clio that it may pull you all over the road. Also its an older caravan so will be prone to snaking, just got to take it slow and steady. Hills and getting going may be your only problem. plan your route so you dont have to make too many stops or go up big hills.

hahaha i went and pulled the bugger yesterday!

it was fine!

got some funny pics and videos.

the bloke was like, ive owned it for 30 years, please look after it, make sure its gone to a good home :devilish:

four 18 yr old lads there, big grins on our faces! drawing my number plate on the back of it in pencil. hahaha

its a right lil beast a tell yer!

got me mate to drive about 5ft behind me all the way home, so no one could see the dodgy numberplate!

hope you see it around this summer, we goin traveling! hahhahaha

Quote: Originally posted by dailyd on 16 June 2004

niceone ukravo, just need some glass in the windows now ;)
yeah, could do with it!

shame i aint got no pics of the inside of the caravan

ive got some vids but no where to host em. plus my mates got the best vids on his pc, hes got some from me mates car, so you can see us towing it, looking like a right set of dicks!

we got a few horn blows and waves though, quite a bit of acknowledgement!

hehe dunno y?

Quote: Originally posted by Bayliss on 16 June 2004

if that was mine towing that ravo it would be sat on floor
if you were towing it mark it wouldnt get home! youd break the f**ker!

try getting the ton with it on the back or summat

Quote: Originally posted by Si172 on 16 June 2004

I love this bit:

Suitable for enthusiast renovator.

ROFLMFAO!
haha it made me laugh too. the old bloke was gutted to see it go!

after exams its goin in for some modding!

MDF bodykit
nice new paint job :oops:
interior styling

the lot!

Not 100% but do you need to take a second test to tow a caravan? I know that if you passed your test after Jan 1997 you need to take a 2nd driving test to drive with a tralier on the back, but im not sure about a caravan? Anyone else know?

hahahah

Have fun dude, if it starts to snake around behind you, dont slow down, speed up (so ive been told) it pulls you out of the snaking.