ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio trohphy and focus rs in autocar

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
clio trophy and focus rs in autocar

these are featured in latest autocar mag as the the ultimate pinnacles of hot hatches, autocar has done performance runs on these used duo
focus 0-60 6.3 secs 0-100 16.3 secs
clio 0-60 6.3 secs 0-100 17.0 secs
pretty good result for the clio bet the rs forum are playing f-ck, i,d have an RS over the trophy mind:eek:

Last edited:
  172cup
i thought everyone knew there was bugger all in it... even between a quick FF or cup?

Although saying that... i got absolutely fekin trounced by a focus RS a while back. Couldn't stand a chance (possibly modded - was spitting flames all over the place)

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Focus rs are supposed to hit a ton in 14.9 secs, i,m not on about the clio its the focus poor times i was getting at

MCS R56
Autocar 0-60, 0-100 reviews are always a bit slower than say Evo. I wouldn't take them as gospel

MINI JCW
Why is it a poor time?

The new hot hatches (R26, ST, VXR) which have more power than the FRS only seem to do 0-100 in about 16

Interesting that the Trophy's performance data is exactly the same as the full fat 182 they originally road tested

Evo 8 Jap Crap
That 14.9 for focus rs is bullshit.

The old Focus RS WRC car only did 0 - 100 in 13.57

This is most interesting, always thought the 5.9 secs to 60 was a bit quick for 169 bhp/ton, same power/weight as the Trophy/Cup and that does it in 6.3-6.6 secs. It does have a lot of torque (227 ft lbf) and a pretty meaty mid-range so I wouldn't fancy my chances against one 'in the gears'. Most RS's have been chipped now too so that's bye-bye Clio.

Trophy still the better driver's car though, that's why I bought one over an RS in the first place.

Re: clio trophy and focus rs in autocar

these are featured in latest autocar mag as the the ultimate pinnacles of hot hatches, autocar has done performance runs on these used duo
pretty good result for the clio bet the rs forum are playing f-ck, i,d have an RS over the trophy mind:eek:

You seem to really like the RS, what is the reason you haven't bought one and own a 182 instead? Is it that much cheaper to run? If I thought the RS was a better car I would be driving one and not wasting time posting on a Renault forum about how rubbish my car is.:)

I couldn't give a toss about the interior (that's why I own a Clio) I mean, apart from the seats, it's pretty rubbish. I'm glad it doesn't have bright blue bits on the steering wheel and seats and Max Power dials though! It's the rampant torque steer and lack of steering feel that put me off, along with the dreadful fuel economy for it's performance.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I couldn't give a toss about the interior (that's why I own a Clio) I mean, apart from the seats, it's pretty rubbish. I'm glad it doesn't have bright blue bits on the steering wheel and seats and Max Power dials though! It's the rampant torque steer and lack of steering feel that put me off, along with the dreadful fuel economy for it's performance.

Did I see you on the A23/27 roundabout this morning at about 8:10 ???

Did I see you on the A23/27 roundabout this morning at about 8:10 ???

Nope, I was on the train to London Bridge about then, it was probably Chiefbadger, if it was me, you would have only seen me for a second as I nail it up Mill Road to avoid the stupid double-backing.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Hmmm. Only Millroad I know is in Lewes and happens to be where I bought this car.

I've seen 3 different Trophies around and about my area.

I've read the article now, page 80. Good write-up, he nodded in favour of the RS but then he owns one! Same usual Autocar b****cks about leaving Porsches for dead (Even an old Porsche boxster would keep ahead of either Trophy or RS driven properly) but a nice sentiment. The pictures were good but the blue steering wheel does jump out at you, I think that would be my first 'mod' if aquiring an RS, along with new front tyres, cos' when they're worn you'll be steering without the wheel!

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Re: clio trophy and focus rs in autocar

You seem to really like the RS, what is the reason you haven't bought one and own a 182 instead? Is it that much cheaper to run? If I thought the RS was a better car I would be driving one and not wasting time posting on a Renault forum about how rubbish my car is.:)
The reason i have not bought one is the clio is cheap as chips to run, the rs is not, i only posted it because i thought the trophy done well against the focus, i have the original mag of evo doing their performance test and it did 0-100 in 14.9 secs, yet people jump down other peoples throats when a post goes up like this, so my post says your car is rubbish does it , where by mate, as far as other replies about wrx ,cooper s yes the bug eye does it in 5.9, the cooper s will not get within a million miles of 5.9 in standard trim, most mags have timed this at 7.0 sec mark, once again i think the clio trophy done well against the focus. I LIKE THE TROPHY if it had xenons , climate;) :lolup:

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Was a good read in autocar mag - interestingly enough this is what letstorquebhp.com quote

Trophy *0-60: 6.44 *0-100: 16.69
RS *0-60: 6.48 *0-100: 16.37

Not much in it, would take either one!!

106 GTi
Thought the article was a bit poo - Spax suspension, think they meant Sachs, and going on about the 5K kick from the VVT.