ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From Clio to Clio... with a little stop off at Fordville on the way...

S2H

RS Clio 200
So my first car was a 2003 pearl black Clio Dynamique S, was a good runner but soon realised I need more power for overtaking and just for fun so traded it in for a 2007 Fiesta ST, which over he course of a couple of years I extensively modified both the performance and the appearance. Ranging from gloss black bits everywhere to piper exhaust systems and Jamsport remaps.

finishedcar.jpg

Then once it was finished, I got a bit bored and fell in love with a mk2 Focus RS in ultimate green which was an absolute beast of a car, and with very few around in 2009 it got so much attention it was unreal. I didn't really modify it in any way as it was a great car as it was.

14d2739c.jpg

After about 9months of ownership I decided it was time to move into my own place and start saving money for the future and so I sold the RS losing no money on it at all due to getting the best deal from Kenny (Ashton)! So as a replacement I liked the mk7 fiesta ZS but quickly realised in lacked any real power and so took a trip to Essex to see Mountune and got the MP140 kit. A year later they released the MR155 kit that added cams into the equation and made it a proper little hot hatch. I was the first customer in the world to get this upgrade :)

DSC_1393.jpg

Then on the evening of the 18th February 2013 on my usual drive home from work a women in a mk6 fiesta lost control of her vehicle and hit me head on at 70mph, destroying both our cars being category B write offs :/ she admitted liability and I got a very healthy settlement.

5c2a499d2dbc1588f55f9e73267929d9_zpsf423740f.jpg

16984a59075e355d0b5117a9c37b0413_zpsb83d720e.jpg

So on the look out for a new car I came across a cracking looking stealth all black RS Clio 200 with Recaro's, cup chassis, black speedline alloys and the cup spoiler. After a quick chat with the previous owner Paul (BlackPanther) on here I decided to travel up to Manchester and buy the car. And what a little car it is! I've driven a lot of performance cars over the years but never one with as much grip as the 200. I can't get it to understeer at all, you just point it and go. So that's where I'm at now, who knows what will happen next, although in the short term I'm thinking a bluefin to smooth out the power delivery a bit. Oh and I've already ordered the RS steering wheel accessory :)

399f21e9dddb2cf80d287e93be4e5c25_zpsfb48a18e.jpg

b7701e8282d0d1f2bd2ad3cd5a39399c_zpse0d2d0c0.jpg

Comments welcome :)

S2H

RS Clio 200
The renaultsport badge lol

Thanks guys.

also which is better on the car, it's got 225 conti's on but OEM are 215?

Audi A5
Nice little read that. That 200 looks lovely.

As for tyres 197's std tyre size is 215/45 17 but can't remember for the life of me what 200's are. They might be the same lol.