ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio turbo offer

just booked my ph1 iceberg shed in for the low boost kit in august, 2400 instead of 3000, getting a new clutch thrown in for an extra 195, very excited. Hopefully a two week turn around like promised.

Anybody else using the offer?

RB Clio 182
£2595 is f**king cheap for boost and a clutch all fitted and mapped bloody hell, the Garrett and ecu(if included) come to well over a grand, then you have mapping and the cooler and pipework and all fluids replaced and labor and the magane head gasket, cast manifold, larger injectors, downpipe and link pipe etc as well as all the other bits and bobs.

Last edited:
It doesnt include the adaptronic, it uses an EFI module (essentially a piggyback unit), i think its better to use the module over a full stand alone on a low boost since not many people who go for the low boost will progress to the high boost set up, £2400 is a bargain for the work involved!

Im well aware of opticals trouble with them, ill still be using my cup while this is with them so no drama if they have it for longer. Price was too good to miss,

The problem with Clioturbo was he took on to much and couldn't rely on the people he employed, now he's back to being a one man band and is only giving time scales he believe's he can manage and now he's on his own and doesnt have to rely on other people i think no one will be having any time scale issues (unless it is waiting on parts)

Im hoping thats the case now, ive met him before, really friendly guy but his memory is......somewhat short but im willing to give him a go, if im happy then i know whos to fit a vw gearbox to my cup once thats ready

When i was arranging over email he was great and replied very fast every time, also said there were 2 available dates for august and that i could still have the july deal, they were two weeks apart so seems to have his diary under control.

If it's booked in months in advance there should be no waiting for parts. Fingers crossed Andy has sorted his business out and all goes well.

I agree but sometimes when someone is having work done they might request something like a better a clutch or bigger turbo e.t.c which may incur a delay of a week, which could turn in to a supplier issue and then before you know it its 3 weeks e.t.c

@notfastnotfurious i think you'll be fine mate, the fact that he has delayed booking the car in is a good sign, it means he's not getting it in until he can do it!

I actualy requested a later date as ive just sold my house and was going to dip into the equity which i wont have for about 5 weeks from now so he offered that date for me.

I will be mentioning to him (politely) of the troubles ive read about some cars on here and that i dont want to be in the same boat.

Realisticaly i can only spot a loose nut and bolt, nothing else so if anyone in the north wesr wants to check it over the same week im back with it id be very grateful

turbo 182
Bargain that from Clio turbo, I like how all these people jumping on the ' Clio turbo hatred ' band wagon!
Unless you've dealt with Andy then you have no right to critisize him or his work!

There's a good old saying - if you've got nothing good to say, say nothing!

Andy built my Clio turbo 340bhp vag box etc 4000 miles and 6 track days later and no major issues! All the work had been carried out to a high standard.
I've since sold the car on and providing it's maintained properly it will be just as tealiable and as much fun to the new owner as it was to me!

Andy did have bad time keeping issues but that has been rectified now!

Anyone who books in with Clio turbo you WONT be disappointed

turbo 182
Was all within the price when i had conversion done but I think around £4K everything included and fitted that was with the diff.

If your going low blow - looks like you are then the standard box is fine, the vag box is horrible in comparison

Andy will keep you right :)

Ah right. Ive got to cars dude, my phase 1 is having the low boost as a daily and my cup hopefully going high boost supercharger with vag box, gona be a slow one that so just tryna get prices together and do it in the right order.

turbo 182
What power with the super charger?
Unless you've driven a 02m'd box Clio it'd stay away from it unless you REALLY need it

RB Clio 182
I have heard bad things about the o2m conversion, lots of noise and clunks etc, I think if you drop on a good jc5 and change the oil regularly without too much abuse it should be fine.

Well when @marinemackay2003 is back around septemeber time he said he will fit the charger with his bracket kit and ill get it set for 250bhp, then i need a box fitting to handle 330 for when the engine gets forged, dont wona do the engine first cos the box will probs blow right? I like avoid breakdowns, whats an o2m or a jc5?

RB Clio 182
Well when @marinemackay2003 is back around septemeber time he said he will fit the charger with his bracket kit and ill get it set for 250bhp, then i need a box fitting to handle 330 for when the engine gets forged, dont wona do the engine first cos the box will probs blow right? I like avoid breakdowns, whats an o2m or a jc5?
O2m is vag box jc5 is a Clio 1*2 box.

Ok, i spoke to a 330bhp turbo user and he said hes in his 3rd clio box, is there ways to strengthen the internals instead of just using a diff to reduce wheel spin?