ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio turbos

Clio 182
how many clio turbos do we have on the forum, also what are they like to run on a day to day basis.
High and low boost variants too.
I'm keen to own one.

Countryman JCW
I ran a 172 Cup turbo as a daily.

Had Megane internals and was running circa 230bhp. It was great fun to drive and worked fine as a daily, going to cost a little more on fuel though as you would expect.

Clio 182
I love the thought of the charger.
It's just uncharted territory for me and it kinda scares me on repairs.

I would certainly love to see yours though.

172 turbo
Very thirsty as a daily but apart from that amazing don't regret spending the money to get it done

RB Clio 182
I have a 270+hp one with megane internals, drives much better than standard for a daily, standard I was averaging 33mpg now im averaging 28mpg although that's all town and bypass driving, hardly ever use motorways but when I do I get 35mpg in the turbo and about 38mpg standard.

RB Clio 182
Did you build it yourself mrtom
Any more info or a link to what you've achieved with the megane parts

Its andyrg@ clioturbo stage 2 kit mate, in that you also get the updrated helix paddle clutch.

You also have a boost controller with a high boost low boost switch so you can tootle around at around 230hp.

I would recommend Andy, his after care is second to none, at 270+hp these clios are really quick, I need solid engine and gbox mounts next as I only have the polybush dogbone atm.

Last edited:

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
how many clio turbos do we have on the forum, also what are they like to run on a day to day basis.
High and low boost variants too.
I'm keen to own one.
I have a low boost setup from Andy at Clioturbo. Transforms the car IMHO. The spec of my car is on Clio Media somewhere is you want to have a look. Personally I wouldn't run one as a daily mainly due to the clutch as it is a ball ache in traffic. The other thing to note is that you need to be prepared to tinker with your car as these conversions do put a much bigger strain on other components. Other than that they're fantastic and transform the driving experience.

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Run a boosted cup daily ish .. great fun
Screenshot_2015-05-29-22-39-56_1.jpg

I have a low boost setup from Andy at Clioturbo. Transforms the car IMHO. The spec of my car is on Clio Media somewhere is you want to have a look. Personally I wouldn't run one as a daily mainly due to the clutch as it is a ball ache in traffic. The other thing to note is that you need to be prepared to tinker with your car as these conversions do put a much bigger strain on other components. Other than that they're fantastic and transform the driving experience.

When u say tinker what do you mean? Are u going through drive shafts?

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
When u say tinker what do you mean? Are u going through drive shafts?
No not driveshafts. Just silly things like down pipes cracking and manifold nuts coming loose. Things that do happen and don't bother me as such as it's not my daily but would be a real inconvenience if it was my only transport. I like tinkering though :grinning:

No not driveshafts. Just silly things like down pipes cracking and manifold nuts coming loose. Things that do happen and don't bother me as such as it's not my daily but would be a real inconvenience if it was my only transport. I like tinkering though :grinning:

I like a bit if spanner welding but having to deal with things like that on my main commute could become tedious

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
I like a bit if spanner welding but having to deal with things like that on my main commute could become tedious
I'm not trying to put you off as they're fantastic fun and a serious step up in performance but from my experience they do require a lot more attention than a standard ish N/A car.

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
What's the going rate on a low boosted one in average condition?

There is no going rate .. Every car is individual and as such has to be priced that way, they all have different kits and various amounts of work put into them.
If I ever parted with mine it would be up for well over 10K

Clio 182
There is no going rate .. Every car is individual and as such has to be priced that way, they all have different kits and various amounts of work put into them.
If I ever parted with mine it would be up for well over 10K

What sort of power are you running?

172 + 350z
I have a low boost setup and it really is great fun. Could use it as a daily but I do too many miles really. Thinking of selling it as only use it a couple of times a month and deserves to be used more considering the money spent

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I'm running 262bhp on my Clio that's supercharged. It's actually a year ago this weekend I picked it up from Chris at EFI Parts in Runcorn after it had the Adaptronic Ecu professionally installed and mapped. It's done 5000 miles in the year and I have to honestly say it's been absolutely no bother. I found out the timing was out so that was done along with an oil and filter change, remapped the end of January, other than that it's been spot on. The bonnet has only been up to check the oil level which has been fine.

Like the low boost turbos, was thinking about getting one myself at one point. But anymore then 280bhp and I would need to start looking for a differnt car. As much as I love my clio and it's handling. I just think 300+ is wasted on a front wheel drive car. But again that is my opinion.
There's a reason why the new focus RS and golf Rs are 4wd

RB Clio 182
Like the low boost turbos, was thinking about getting one myself at one point. But anymore then 280bhp and I would need to start looking for a differnt car. As much as I love my clio and it's handling. I just think 300+ is wasted on a front wheel drive car. But again that is my opinion.

You might be surprised, this chassis handles it with ease tbh.

Im sure your right, iv just always been brought up on rwd/4wd for big Bhp. Don't get me wrong I'm sure a clio turbo would be a load of fun. Just not happy about it being front wheel drive xD but again this is the joys of cars, everyone has there own opinion and that's what makes the community so vast :)
You might be surprised, this chassis handles it with ease tbh.

RB Clio 182
Im sure your right, iv just always been brought up on rwd/4wd for big Bhp. Don't get me wrong I'm sure a clio turbo would be a load of fun. Just not happy about it being front wheel drive xD but again this is the joys of cars, everyone has there own opinion and that's what makes the community so vast :)

Good honest opinion.

Its like how people have differnt opinion on cars they like, even here where everyone owns clios they all have differnt opinions on turbo or supercharge or throttle bodies. It's why I'm looking forward to french car show, no car is the same :)
Good honest opinion.