ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio v Yaris

Can you help me settle an argument? One of my friends has got a Toyota Yaris T3 and he is forever going on that is better than my Clio 1.2 Dynamique. So what would be your opinon on both cars?

Thanks

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Yaris.

Actually, really depends on what size engine he has in it, but I believe theyre VVTi arent they. Theres a smart looking one near me.

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/vsroom/main.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0645983120.1104321241@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccchadddhflmfgfcfngcfkmdfkidffk.0&rc=YA2&bs=61&eoid=undefined&goid=undefined&d=undefined&cc=&tc=&mytype=G&fl_name=GYA2_61.html&print=Yaris on Toyota website.

(Makes ye laugh too, T-sport 1.5 VVTi from £12245 ??!! Clio 182 money!)

If his is a 1.3 Ive have his car. If his is a 1.0 Id have yours. Both have similar specs.

Toyotas are very reliable too.

[Edited by Chris1.4RT on 29 December 2004 at 11:58am]

C4 Grand Picasso

Yaris looks a bit more girly than the Clio - but Id say his was the better car, better engine, better built.

fat 182

there sh*te

toyota used to give me one every time my mr2 went wrong

so i reckon i drove a yaris more than my roadster over the two years i had it

:mad:

Yaris Hybrid

Define better - Faster? More comfortable/roomy? Better quality?

I had a 1.2 Dynamique and now my brother has a Yaris T3!

I think my Clio looked more sporty as it came with Alloys, sports seats and all that but then it was more expensive and my brother got a good deal on the Toyota.

Performance wise there isnt much in them.

The Yaris interior blows the Clio away, it is more roomy and a lot more modern. The whole car is about a millions times better built than the Clio.

Main difference was the dealers. We went to Renault first before he chose a Yaris. Now bear in mind that I think the Yaris is better so the Renault dealer had little bargaining power - my bro asked the Renault dealer for free metallic paint or at least £50 off the paint! The dealer absolutely refused!!!

WHO THE F**K DO RENAULT THINK THEY ARE!!!

Their cars are complete sh1te and they think they can take that attitude!!!!!

The Toyota dealer bent over backwards to offer discounts. He knocked a load off the price and we pushed him further so he took some more off! Then whereas Renault offered me 17% off the price of mats the Toyota dealer chucked some delux ones in for free!!!!! Whats more his attitude was fantastic, we were only buying what is really one of the cheapest cars they do yet they treated us like we were buying some top of the range executive model.

I would definitely get a T3 over a Dynamique if I was going out to buy a car like that now. No hesitation.

I know someone else that bought a Corolla T Sport over a Type R because the Honda dealer was an arrogant pr1ck and the Toyota guys were so courteous. The only down side is that with Toyota build quality you are not likely to see the dealer again whereas I met the Renault dealer a week after collecting my new car!!!!!!!!!

Ziel Nurburgring

The missus bought a yaris last Jan. Have to say that honestly the clio is a little better than the yaris in std form. My sister has a 1.2 dynamique(53) and the GF has a 1.3spirit(53), the yaris seems to ride much higher and rattles as much as any clio, the clio seems to feel more sturdy and sporty. The only decider would be looks, and that if you buy Renault you will have to put up with the crap dealers.

Personally Id disagree that the Yaris (least the ones Ive seen) are better put together and better designed than the similar spec Clio.

My parents looked at getting a Yaris last year and they (and me) were very disapointed in it. The dash rattled, the parts seemed flimsy and it was noisy inside they said that my Clio was better built, quieter and seemed a better car for the money.

I had the Yaris T-Sport before the 172, and i have to say the build quality from the toyota is 10 times better than the clio....also the yaris is a cracking little car with stylish interior.

Dont get me wrong the clio is defo more my type of car, but I couldnt really pick a fault with the Yaris apart from it sits a bit high. I only got rid of it because i want more performance

fat 182

i hate toyota dealers the all patronising mailto:w@nkers">w@nkers

who dont even now how to fix cars so they bull sh*t you

and talk to you like your stupid

i know a few people have got rid of there toyotas and gone to other makes

and the reliablity thing is a myth my mr2 roadster had about £9000

spend on it in 2 years

i think all the toyota dealers heads are so far up there own arses because they have produce good cars in the past :mad:

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by dazraffan on 29 December 2004

i hate RENAULT dealers the all patronising mailto:w@nkers">w@nkers

who dont even now how to fix cars so they bull sh*t you

and talk to you like your stupid

i know a few people have got rid of there RENAULTS and gone to other makes

and the reliablity thing is a myth my CLIO 172 had about £9000

spend on it in 2 years

i think all the RENAULT dealers heads are so far up there own arses because they have produce good cars in the past :mad:
Does the above sound familiar.....?? How many times has that version been said in here!

Revels Mum & Sister

Missus has just put a deposit down on a 03 Plate Yaris T-Sport for £7995

Smart little cars, nippy little b*****d! Toyota are generally well built, and extremely helpfull. I have an Import MR2 Turbo and they dont have to help. But everytime they go out the way to help me get parts, which aint often as the f**ker never breaks down!

VaVa

My missus has a 1.2 16v Dynamique.... when it went to a bodyshop for some minor erpairs, sahe had the 1.3 VVti yaris as a courtesy car. Fantastic little motor, way better than her Clio and quite nippy too.... Ill admit that I liked driving it - lovely revvy little engine!!

I used to have a Clio and sold it to buy a Yaris T3.:oops:

Great car.....well built....great little engine.....good dealer.....In fact you could say I could love it too much.

The main reason I changed from Renault was because of the poor customer service.:(

[Edited by Red Clio 52 on 17 January 2005 at 12:46am]

ive had a yaris as a courtesy car a while ago, absolutely dreadful rattley tinny little f*cker!!!!

cant see why they win any awards,, THE DASHBOARDS a JOKE!!! like some seventys arcade machine!

My Old Man has an Avensis T-Spirit and there is forever something niggly problem with it such as the door pillar covering hanging our or the seatbelt holder not releasing until 3 or 4 attempts at doing so.

Not a fan of Toyota build quality so the Renault for me.

BMW 320d Sport

My wifes got a T-Sport and its wicked. OK its not a proper hot hatch, but IMHO it looks mental and it goes pretty well. Its never broken down, the dealer service at our local place is top notch - on the very last day of its warranty period it came back from service with loads of odds and sods needing doing and everything was sorted without any hassle or cost, including a full new set of alloys because one of them had bubbled a little and a full new set of brake discs because a couple had rust on them.

Plus T-Sports arent that common, which is something worth paying for these days I reckon. Much as I like Clios, Ive never been a big fan of the mk2 shape and think it looks more girly in its own way than the Yaris. At least the Yaris looks designed, the modern Clios look like they just replaced any hard edges with curves.

When she bought it, we were seriously looking at a second hand 172, but to be honest, the Renault dealers had the attitiude that they were sitting on some kind of goldmine almost as if they were doing us a favour by letting my wife drive it, whereas the Toyota dealers were much more normal, not OTT, but just normal. And when we looked at a silver 172 next to our bright red Yaris T-Sport with the full factory body kit etc, there was just no competition, the Clio just didnt look like a car youd spend 10 or 11 grand on. Plus the Yaris load space was a lot bigger than a Clio. You try getting a 1m square board into the back of a Clio, which you can do in a Yaris.

Only gripe is that the interior trim plastic is very easily marked.

Yaris Hybrid

Totally disagree with all these Toyota knockers. As I said my bros blows the Clio away.

He has just booked in for his first service. Costs less than a Renault service and they will pick up and return his car at no extra cost.

Cant see Renault doing that.

Whats more Toyota will actually service his car instead of f*ckin it up like Renault do.

fat 182

Whats more Toyota will actually service his car instead of f*ckin it up like Renault do

:confused:

is that a joke all the monkey mechanics have all got there NVQ 1 renault or toyota

so at least they can spell there names on the servicing sheet so you can find out who f*"ked up your car

Im not bitter of course :mad:

Ziel Nurburgring

Its horses for courses, there isnt much difference between the two. They both rattle, both look great in sporty and standard forms and the main difference is going to be the dealers.

The GFs is cool, i love driving it and think the amount of space in the yaris is amazing. The adjustable rear seat is a great idea, more leg room you move it back and more luggage space you move it forward.

Also, toyota give you a handy little sheet of stonechip/scratch stickers in case you get any marks.

But it doesnt make me smile every day like the 172 (yes yes, i know. Completely different classs)