ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio v6 Long Haul Drive

Clio v6
Hey people of cliosport....

Just a quick one. Have any of you on here ever done a long haul drive in a v6? I ask because I'm driving to Marbella and would really like to take the clio, but as I've not had it long and don't know a great deal about them, I'm unsure as to whether I'll come across any issues?

I'm hoping you'll say they're like any other car and should be fine, but thought I'd check anyway :)

Thanks!

Furthest I've ever been was south of Toulouse, but it ended in disaster as I hit a 1.2 Clio in the Vee - Epic fail. Flew home the next day and the Vee came back to blighty about 2 weeks after.
deadvee10.jpg

deadvee3.jpg

My advice, make sure you have plenty of stops / rest.

Clio v6
Suit bags on top of engine covers is just one of the handy tips for getting loads of luggage in a Vee.

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
V6clo : Does your car get up to temperature quickly / at all on a cold day on a motorway cruise?

I had shocking MPG, turned out the thermostat washer/seal had dislodged...lots about it on v6clio.net

Only problems are the fuel costs and the fact toll barriers are on the wrong side.

O and if you drive on the tolls its going to be a bit of a boring drive and a bit pricy normal roads are cheaper but take a lot longer

Clio 172 Cup
go one, take it, will be awesomes and you know it. taken the 172 around france a few times and a trip to the itchy ring is on the cards this year!
Have a nice time!

Clio v6
Furthest I've ever been was south of Toulouse, but it ended in disaster as I hit a 1.2 Clio in the Vee - Epic fail. Flew home the next day and the Vee came back to blighty about 2 weeks after.
deadvee10.jpg

deadvee3.jpg

My advice, make sure you have plenty of stops / rest.

Nightmare! Looks like the white clio took most the damage though. Bet you were gutted!

Clio
Did Mace not take his down to Monaco?

No, I wish. Insurance for my mate and petrol costs put us off. 172 was an excellent choice though. Didn't skip a beat doing 2000 miles in 4 days.

The only thing I'd say about the Vee for peace of mind is pack a coil or two. Only thing that ever went on mine.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
It'll be fine! Do the usual checks, as for any other car, prior to setting off. I took my BG v6 down to Monaco, and it was a dream to drive. Enjoy!!