ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 or not?

Hey, was thinking of getting a clio182 for around £6000 then adding itb's and cams etc etc probaly comming to close to £9,000.

But then looking at the V6 clios for sale they are not to far from that price?

Whats peoples opinion on them, compared with 182's with itbs?

Completely different car.

Tbh, I would go with a 182 and NOT bother with itbs/cams etc.

V6s are just cars to stare at ;)

Also, a 182 would be quicker, let alone a 182 with itbs.

Lol, they are nice to look at?

182 quicker, really didnt know that. Would like the idea of some itb's in the 182. I think it is more like £3500 to £4000 hence why i could get the V6 an not do anything to it?

V6 PH1
completely biased but definately VEE!!!!!

they're different cars, depends how many miles you will be doing etc

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, they are nice to look at?

182 quicker, really didnt know that. Would like the idea of some itb's in the 182. I think it is more like £3500 to £4000 hence why i could get the V6 an not do anything to it?

A 182 'standard' isn't quicker then the V6.

If you don't need back seats/ boot and don't mind the extra running costs, then I'd go for a Mk2 V6.

completely biased but definately VEE!!!!!

they different cars, depends how many miles you will be doing etc

How do you find it arney101, i prob do about 8,000miles per year but would still use it as an every day car? not bothered about boot space an that for shopping? whats running cost like? And are the ph1 models that bad as some say?

V6 PH1
i love mine, only reason mine is really for sale is to release money for a house.

i do about 5-6,000 miles a year as have a van for work use and so mpg does not bother me. i average about 23-24mpg but thats mainly town driving. running costs are not that bad. servicing costs are reasonable, only things that sting are cambelt and brakes! (i know of one thats had all that done though! ;) )

any other questions just ask

DCi 100
IMG_6551.jpg