ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 or S2000?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol. Look, at the end of the day you're going to need to drive both.

imo you have the best type R made. Realistically. And i didn't think it was all that great. I appreciate it for what it is. But it didn't tick the boxes for me.

The Vee goes well! - On the run on thursday, it's more than capable of dealing with rough, twisty roads. It's got the torque to be one gear lower than the other clio's. It's got the high stability and grip levels so theres no issue there either.

I mean for me, it's all about the looks and noise. I had the passenger window down the whole time and the car soaked up the 100+mph in the twisties with ease. Being honest it is BETTER on the coilovers however more than sufficient with the Eibac/Koni set up.

The S2k is on par performance wise with the vee, it may well be slightly quicker. But it lacks the persona and rarity that the vee offers.

The Vee isn't half the car the Z4 is on paper, however on a nice day i pick up the Clio keys every time!

I still smile as much now as i did 2yrs ago! And thats saying something!

Clio 182FF
I would like a V6 in my lifetime but the S2000 is a superb car to look at and drive. Why not get a V6 for a year then change or something?

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
If its a dream then it has to be the V6. Get the S2000 and you'll still wish for the V6, get the V6 and would you still want a S2000?

Trophy #490
A phase 2 v6 every time, in any colour. They're amazing cars, they look and sound fantastic, and in the first 100 yards of driving it you know it's one special car. They aren't about out-right performance in my opinion, but a well set-up one will be a weapon as Ali says. It's about the sense of occasion in a Vee, not headline performance figures.

I'm a big Honda fan, but S2000's are everywhere. Too common, how many v6's do you see on the roads? Not many! I'll have a Vee when I'm 21, but you seriously need to drive one to feel that magic! I loved them before I had a blast in one, but after I was smitten with it. Shame the insurance for me at 19 is over £3000, 2 years to wait!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
V6 really needed 350brake. This is my critical point now that i've driven faster cars! I just wish it was the performance car it looks.

For reference it only pulls 2car lengths max from 40-120 over an R27!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Thanks for the comments.

I'm pretty set on the v6 again, not sure why I doubted it really!!
Elise/exige/vx220 don't suit me, I'm too big for 1 comfortably, plus insurance is mad.

Only ever seen 1 apart from at a meet, and it didn't live around here so rarityit good!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
This sums up the Vee for me:

End.jpg

[YOUTUBE]rDemtv_lQlo[/YOUTUBE]

MCS R56
Thanks for the comments.

I'm pretty set on the v6 again, not sure why I doubted it really!!
Elise/exige/vx220 don't suit me, I'm too big for 1 comfortably, plus insurance is mad.

Only ever seen 1 apart from at a meet, and it didn't live around here so rarityit good!

Have you sat in a S2000? The cabimn is tiny! Sounds like you have made your decision anyway, albeit the wrong one!!:rasp:

Didn't take long for the photos...

Think you've made the right choice, plenty of time to be sensible-ish and blend in when you're older.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
right simple, next meet you can have a drive of mine! once you've drove it you'll need it!

i was torn between a 55 reg S2000 gt and the vee, drove the S2000 and hated it, felt so slow with it having no torque at all and by the time you get to the v-tec you've ran out of road.

Nice having the roof down and posing abit but didnt really do it for me, the vee however is fast and handles as well as you'll need on a road, had the looks and the rare factor..

now wait till next year and give me 14k for mine :)

Stagecoach Ticket
and me! ill still be rolling the rep next year. id have an s2000 to be honest but never really liked vee's (awaits abuse)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Wish mine was worth 14. Am thinking more like 11! :(

really why? looking at the ones on PH mines got less milage than most, mines imacculate apart from wheels need a refurb due to flaking. plus had the cambelt done and doesnt need a service for a year and a half.. i'd put mine up for £15k and see what i get offered....

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
yeah but looks immaculate from pics! to be fair i suppose it depends on how well the adverts written, i hate to see people trying to sell a nice car with one s**t picture and a crappy description!

which is exactly what mine had.. except i had the cash he was asking for it in front of me when i rang him and he said he'd take 2k less if i could collect it the next day.. which i did! haha :D

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
right simple, next meet you can have a drive of mine! once you've drove it you'll need it!

i was torn between a 55 reg S2000 gt and the vee, drove the S2000 and hated it, felt so slow with it having no torque at all and by the time you get to the v-tec you've ran out of road.

Nice having the roof down and posing abit but didnt really do it for me, the vee however is fast and handles as well as you'll need on a road, had the looks and the rare factor..

now wait till next year and give me 14k for mine :)

I'd love to dude, but not insured to drive it :(
But you could take me for a spin......!

Damn I want one so badly, I reckon I'll be getting one as soon as I hit 21, cancel the insurance on the Teg as the difference in insurance for 3-4NCB is nowhere near enough for me to wait another 6 months!

Send me some details of it mate and I might be interested...needs to be 110% perfect though ;)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i can take you out for a spin no worries :) you've seen it its minty mint haha ;) keeping it till next year though as still loving it at the moment!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
When next year you looking to get rid?

Spin would be awesome, much appreciated!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
ermm i dunno really!
I want a TVR and always have done but dont want to get rid untill i've had my fun with this one as it has always been a dream car for me!

something i'll look deeper into in spring but not sure for definate, but a spin is no problem, i'm always up for showing the car off :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Cheers Adam, might be too late for me!
Plus I really want a black one as first choice I think. Spin would be awesome though :D

Need to get saving big time now though, ended up having to spend a fair bit of money on my Integra which I hadn't planned on, so put me back a step!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
yeah two nice examples there! saw them the other day whilst browsing :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Illiad is so the best colour...Bias'd! Maybe...But put it this way, if it was a premium colour like Liquid...i would of bought it! :approve:

LY V6 with Recaros
If the V6 is the car you've been waiting for I'd go for that. I'd always been waiting for a V6 before I got mine, briefly considered other cars but knew whatever I got I'd still want the vee. And I haven't regret it so far!