ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6

V6 hopefully
Just wanting to gather a few opinions on cat d v6 mk1's. I have been looking for a while now and most seem to be cat d. I have seen and 02 plate with 31k for 9k no offers. What should I be looking to pay as the prices are all over the place. I know its worth what someone is willing to pay for it but what is it really worth?

Thanks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You could pick up a decent non cat D car for around £10k, so a Cat D would have to be £7-7500 for me to look at it.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
You could pick up a decent non cat D car for around £10k, so a Cat D would have to be £7-7500 for me to look at it.

Agree, decent one with a cambelt done already about 10.5K. One that needs abit of maintenance i.e service/cambelt 9-9.5K.

Bent ones 7ish.

Clio v6
A v6 can become a cat D due to slight damage in many cases.

If you have hard evidence of the car being repaired to a very high road worthy standard then go for it. Keep in mind that should you decide to sell, you are likely to be offered a lot less for it by some people. There are also those who simply won't have a bent one unless it's being given away.

02 plate cat D £5k is what you can expect to see.

Of course you may spot the odd one going for £15k ;)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
A v6 can become a cat D due to slight damage in many cases.

If you have hard evidence of the car being repaired to a very high road worthy standard then go for it. Keep in mind that should you decide to sell, you are likely to be offered a lot less for it by some people. There are also those who simply won't have a bent one unless it's being given away.

02 plate cat D £5k is what you can expect to see.

Of course you may spot the odd one going for £15k ;)

Steer clear of MK2 black ones :rasp:

I would be cautious about buying a Cat d one- check over the repair- more especially who repaired it--

Between 5 & 7k would me my mark-
Join the V6 forum and speak to Eastlemark ( he will have more information on the matter)
S

if your looking at reselling it in the future, unless its a giveaway price. i wouldnt even consider it.

If your looking at one for the long term you can get a superb deal. as many people have said before, sometimes the cat d ones have repaired to a higher standard than they were built in the first place.

it just puts potential buyers off massively and some insurance companys wont touch it.

personally i wouldnt pay more than:

Mk1 - 5K - 7K
Mk2 - 8K -10K

unless its a significant saving, its just not a wise thing to do.

I beg to differ on that mate, when I was looking last year, even some up for the 11/12k mark (non recorded etc) were complete heaps. I guess it's luck of the draw though.

i wouldnt buy a bent one
You think they are pointless anyway so you opinion doesn't really count.

clio v6 mk2,
Just wanting to gather a few opinions on cat d v6 mk1's. I have been looking for a while now and most seem to be cat d. I have seen and 02 plate with 31k for 9k no offers. What should I be looking to pay as the prices are all over the place. I know its worth what someone is willing to pay for it but what is it really worth?

Thanks

My only advise I can give, is, whatever car you decide on, take someone with you who knows about the cars in question (model):)

golf
your right i wouldnt buy a straight one as im wise enough to want to buy something faster for the same price then a bodykitted clio

visualize whirled pe
If I bought a cat D and it was a good job I'd have no qualms about it. I'd look at it, drive it and form an opinion on that. The only thing I would do is pay a fair price in the first place.

PS I'd love to know where all these sub 8 grand cat C and D Clio V6's are hiding because I would honestly consider one. And £5k!! we are talking pre repair right??

If I bought a cat D and it was a good job I'd have no qualms about it. I'd look at it, drive it and form an opinion on that. The only thing I would do is pay a fair price in the first place.

PS I'd love to know where all these sub 8 grand cat C and D Clio V6's are hiding because I would honestly consider one. And £5k!! we are talking pre repair right??

the figures i quoted are what i would be happy to pay... not that you can get them for that!

"what do you mean by insurance comapanys wont touch them?"

http://www.greenlightinsurance.com/ - who are one of the more common choice for the v6 owner:
Acceptance Criteria

Vehicle
  • Vehicle must have never been declared a total loss/write off
now correct me if im wrong but cat D is classed as a write off

im sure there are other companys that have the same policy

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
now correct me if im wrong but cat D is classed as a write off

Nope. ^

A write of is where the cost of reparing the vehicle exceeds the value of the car (or something similar to that) or the car is so heavily damaged that its beyond repair. A cat d can just mean a damaged headlight and smashed bumper, not really a total loss or write off.

Id consider a cat d if it had been repaired to a high standard and if i was buying long term (i.e. its still my car when im 50!)

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Bloody hell, i never knew that.

So how come theres so many Cat d's that are write offs when all they need is a new headlight and a couple other fixings? :S

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Bloody hell, i never knew that.

So how come theres so many Cat d's that are write offs when all they need is a new headlight and a couple other fixings? :S

it's purely expression. Not literal. Hence why you see so many listed v6's. It's not economically viable to replair.